New Member Saying Hello!

Options
Today is day 3 and MFP is awesome. I was referred to it by a friend. For the first time I am actually enjoying logging the foods that I eat! Almost everything is already in the database! My biggest struggle is snacking late at night.

Replies

• Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options
    Welcome here!

:flowerforyou:

You do not have to worry about snacking late at night as long as it is under your cal requisites MFP gave you.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Wecome. Logging the food is very important.
  • shotime62
    shotime62 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Okay. I beat myself up over it and that isn't helpful. Thanks!
  • remolding
    remolding Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome, This is a good site. Good luck on your journey. Keep fruits and vegs cut up to snack at night or popcorn (healthy) that is.:smile:
  • shotime62
    Options
    I am careful not to cheat by not logging everything (as much as I want too :) ). I know that it is only hurting myself. I log everything! Thanks
  • shotime62
    Options
    I do have a sweet tooth! Maybe more than one.
  • Gspice3
    Gspice3 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello!
  • JohnnyBot1138
    Options
    Saying hello to the myfitnesspal community. My goals it to become healthy and fit again like I once was. I used to do a lot of hiking and even climbed a mountain once. Now, my goal centers on becoming fit so I can learn to surf.

12542869.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

One day, this will be me.
  • aarroyo0529
    aarroyo0529 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am a newbie too! :bigsmile:
  • mithcah
    mithcah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im new too, 2 weeks, i love this site as well it really helps you keep in mind exactly what you are eating and make yourself think twice about what you shouldnt eat. im sure everyone has there slip ups its so hard not to when thats what youre used to eating, the way mostly controll mine is i set a day where i just eat what i want, my little cheat day, but even cheating i do my best to keep calories under 2000 and do some extra walking
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your weight loss journey. Maybe try eating a little more during the day, in order to try to avoid the late night snacking or eat something light like yogurt or oatmeal.
  • Yes, eating later has also been a horrible habit of mine, it began when I was pregnant last year. I felt nauseous during the day and the evening was my time to eat without feeling ill. My son is now 10 months and I am so ready to lose the extra 35 and feel like myself again (: My parents are on MFP and introduced it to me on Friday (: Good luck to you and have a wonderful day!
  • Hello, this is day one and I can't believe how many calories I ate yesterday. I looked it all up and am just glad this will allow me to keep track of my intake. I'm super excited about this site! I've heard nothing but great things (:
  • Hey great idea! I am willing to work out more for Thanksgiviing dinner in a few weeks (: I will not deprive myself of such a feast-really (:
  • Hey new girl (: I'm here to listen to tips and share them once I figure them out (: I am a mom now and want to set an example for my son. We have always been active and now need to focus on our nutrition.....and oh yeah, shrink my butt (: haha
  • hulurusong
    hulurusong Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to. Been using MFP for just over a week now and I must say it's been great. I scan the bar code of things i eat and it does all the work for me. That's making dieting so easy
  • Hey, Thanks Chicky, I 'm heading to the grocery store today and am excited to pick up some new things....now if I can get my husband who looks great no matter what he eats, to join me. I 'm sure he will (:
  • shotime62
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone! I think that the late night snacking is because if I eat at 6 or 7 at night it makes sense that I will be hungry again by 11 or so. I have tried eating more during the day but it doesn't seem to help. I am gong to try leaving a few calories for the evening and eat something healthy. I also need to apply more will power :)
  • JohnnyBot1138
    Options
    siegfrjb,
    When I just have to eat something, I try to eat food that has lots of fiber like carrots or snow peas. I also drink more water because some times you are not actually hungry but thirsty.

Be good to yourself and stay positive.
  • shotime62
    Options
    I'm not familiar with scanning the bar code. What is that about?