C25K new group starting 5 November

Options

Replies

• ashleyjfoley
    ashleyjfoley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Finished day 1 :) this is my second time around doing c25k. I first started at the beginning of summer and made it through week 3 but got hurt and quit so now I'm back. Can't wait till week 1 is over...it's so boring ad tedious.
  • Kristyz26
    Kristyz26 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started yesterday before I even knew there was this group...this is awesome! It totally makes running seem doable :)
  • emmab0902
    emmab0902 Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    As the person who started this group it really sucks to possibly have to not be part of it. Went to doc and physio today, have to have xray later today. Out of action for at least a few days, then probably have to start doing only THREE of the 8 walk run cycles if I can manage that. My doc was shocked at how easily I was injured as he knows I am reasonably fit and in decent shape. Have to admit I am quite down about this, and it's not helping how I feel about my body. :-(
  • alliooops
    alliooops Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear that Emma - try not to get too down about it. Don't worry about the things you can't do, and concentrate on the things you can do. Hopefully as you have seen the doc, you are now on the way to recovery but you've got to take it slowly.

I jumped a week and started at week 2 - day 1 done today. Hard work - ran at 9kph (about 5.5mph I think). Looking forward to the next one. Hopefully it can only get easier.
  • Kristyz26
    Options
    I completed my second day yesterday - it felt really good! I am going to try to get a run in almost everyday but stay within the weekly goals/times. So instead of week one having only 3 days I may run 5 days at the same pace. It is getting pretty miserable outside here so I have my treadmill set up by a window in our bonus room which is working well.

I am sorry your body is not cooperating with you Emma, hopefully things get better soon. Like it was said before, focus on what you can do :)
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today (Monday 7th) and I'm seriously excited. I'll be doing it after work and after being on vacation for a week, work will be insane so I hope it goes quickly! I did gain weight while on vacay, not too happy about how much (4 pounds, I ate what I wanted, logged most of it, but I'm sure my calories were way off) but I'm anxious to get that back off and continue to lose on my LONG way to my ultimate goal. I'm happy to see so many others joining in, the more the merrier ;)
  • marz31
    Options
    W1D1 is complete. I accidentally skipped the last running minute because I was switching songs but the app seems to be really nice, works with the music and all, just not when you're switching the shuffle I guess. my new HRM is nice too, happy I got it! a day of rest (checking out a new hot yoga place, probably won't do a class tho) and then day 2 on Wednesday!
  • Kristyz26
    Options
    W1D3 is done....I am seriously loving it! I can totally see myself be coming a runner, something I never thought would happen. Now I am going to cycle through the days again keeping on the week one schedule...
  • bi0nicw0man
    bi0nicw0man Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My plan is to start this afternoon...three days per week on my gym treadmill....doing a short yoga podcast on my off days. After a couple of weeks I'll add in extra cardio and strength training. I've been off workouts & exercise for a while now due to an out of whack hip and shoulder....gotta take it easy to start.
  • sheerjay
    sheerjay Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Im in! I started a few days ago. Feels great to actually DO IT rather than say "one day I'll start", which is an achievment in itself for me.

Completed D2W1 this morning. Little sore so trying not to over do it.......and getting paranoid about shin splints with the amount of people I hear about getting them :(

Other thing is that I run at 5:30 am around a track at our park and down random streets in my area...my partner is getting worried about me being out in a bad area.......He's going to try the C25k with me (if I can nag/drag him out of bed that early)....and if that fails I might look at buying a treadmill
  • alliooops
    Options
    Completed W2D3 today. So far, so good. Moving on to W3 next.
  • marz31
    Options
    So far I haven't had an ounce of soreness. On Wednesday I did W1D2 and I can't say I didn't struggle, but I did 20 minutes of elliptical afterwards (I'd been doing 50 minutes of elliptical with a 20 minute treadmill stroll to cool down previously) and I felt great! I'm doing W1D3 today after an eye appointment so we'll see how it goes. I noticed a woman next to me doing intervals, not sure if it was a similar program or just how she felt like doing it, but was encouraging none the less.
  • alliooops
    Options
    Did W3D1 today - felt like a big step up - running for 3 mins was definitely harder, but doable and am hoping it starts to feel easier. Probably didn't help that I also tried to increase my speed.
  • marz31
    Options
    I think I'm redoing W1D3 today, I did it on Friday but just don't think I'm ready to move on yet. It didn't kill me (bonus) but I dunno, just didn't feel as good about it as I did on the first two days.
  • cantobean
    cantobean Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    That's great!!
    I am new to MFP but I've been doing couch to 5k for a while. I just completed week 6 today, which means I ran for 25 minutes without stopping to walk! It was tough but I made it without stopping. I NEVER would have been able to do this 6 weeks ago!

I really love the program and the progress I've made. You folks will do great!!
  • marz31
    Options
    Ok, I picked an app on my ipod and apparently, it's quite a bit different than the cool runnings schedule. I'm sticking to it, but I guess I didn't realize there were a few different schedules out there. it's called 5K runner app. it changes every day or two, it's not the same thing three days in a row like what I'm seeing for the C25K app. Oh well, just thought it was interesting.
  • VendettaMachine84
    VendettaMachine84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm on W4D1 today. I've done the whole thing, so far, on my treadmill...but my fiance said he'd like to join me! So, maybe we can actually do it together and get outside! Having a partner could only help, right?
  • alliooops
    Options
    Absolutely - having a partner would be great.

I did W3D2 today. Wow! Found it so much easier than when I did the first day of the week. I'm doing it on the treadmill and when I did the first day I was under 2k at the end. This time I increased my speed to 9k and then when I had finished the programme and got to 23 mins - I felt able to do a bit more, so I did some interval training. Increased my speed to 10kph for 1 min and then walked for 2. Final distance was 3.5k

Really happy with that and felt that I was actually getting somewhere.
    :)
  • brunzella92
    brunzella92 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just uploaded the app, joined MFP today and starting the C25K tonight on my treadmill! I'm in :)
  • alliooops
    Options
    This week I have been doing W3. Last night I got to the 23 mins where you should just walk and I decided I still had some energy left in me. So....I did some intervals - faster runs for 1 mins and walks for 2 mins. I got to 4km in 32 mins and really felt some achievement. I can feel that 5k just around the corner.