Trying to lose weight when others are not....

Options
2»

Replies

• iamahealthychick
    iamahealthychick Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Wow... you guys who make extra meals are amazing. In my house, growing up, you ate or you didn't. It is the same in my house. No extra meals, no extra snacks if you don't eat your meal. Eat what is cooked or cook it/clean up after yourself! Amazing how fast people will eat what is served. If you are on a restrictive diet then yes, you might have to cook a couple extra things for the family so they get their nutrients etc but it shouldn't be a whole other meal!
  • Bmoney11239
    Bmoney11239 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes, Me and my girlfriend live together, and we argue all the time over the food that is in the house. since i am new to the weight loss thing i am kinda week. but we worked out where, what i don't know wont kill me :)
  • nothingisred
    Options
    When I lived with my ex I was in the same boat, he would always want to eat junk food and was VERY picky so I could never cook him healthy meals. We used to argue about food quite a bit. I would lose 5lbs or half a stone and then put it back on again in a matter of weeks where I would give back into his junk food.

Only now that I live by myself (well, I live with a flatmate but our food is completely separate) have I actually been able to change my lifestyle. I wouldn't have been able to go to the gym as much as I do now when I was with my ex because he would sulk that he wouldn't get to see me so much. And now I can cook whatever I want which is lovely.