Workout advice PLEASE!

Options
I go swimming three times a week, and running three times a week. On the days that I run (only for about half an hour) I also to strength/resistance training, however, I only to my top half, arms, chest, stomach, etc. But I realise I also need to work out my legs and bum! Am I ok to do my bottom half on the same day I do my top - even though I'm running on that day?

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I don't see why not... I don't like to focus on one muscle group a day. Instead of doing 90 seconds of rest between sets, I do different muscle group to maximize time spent active. It's worked for me thus far :D
  • cobblers88
    Options
    Good idea! I need to cut down my workout time too!
    My boyfriend adviced me not to do strength/resistance training on the same day I run as the running will tear mucle so they need rest??
  • ebahde
    ebahde Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I think that as long as you are giving your legs a day of rest after running/lifting, you should be okay. If you start really bumping up the mileage then you may need to make a change to your lifting day, if you are alternating your swimming and running/lifting days, your body should have enough time to recover (try it for a week and see how you feel and how your body responds to it and then you'll know for sure).
  • cobblers88
    Options
    I'll give it a go, thanks a lot guys!