Muscle milk?

Options
Does anyone use the muscle milk or the muscle milk light for weight loss? If so, how do you like it and is it worth buying?

Thanks!
Lisa

Replies

• HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    bump
  • jill___
    jill___ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I was just about to post the same question!! I just bought a pack of Muscle Milk Light for some added protein after my workouts. It tastes delicious, and only 100 calories each.
  • jrusharound
    jrusharound Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like it! I use it after a good workout...I also like the EAS low carb protein drinks too! They taste good & are good for you!
  • rlv2680
    rlv2680 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I LOVE muscle milk. Its one of the better tasting i think. But its lovely for a post workout drink. If you buy the poweder it's awesome blended with frozen berries and a bannana:)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I was given a few free samples of different flavors because of my job and to me they were all terrible tasting. I couldn't choke them down for the life of me. I've tried many different proteins and weight loss shakes and meal replacements, this was by far one of the worst tasting ones. Some people say they like them, I really didn't. I can give you suggestions if you want to PM me what you are hoping for out of a shake/drink. (No, I'm not going to try to sell you a product, I don't work for any of the companys or make money off of them)
  • rmwinters
    rmwinters Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    At least you know that your'e getting all your vitamins. I use the Myloplex light when I don't have time to eat correctly.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    I don't use it for weight loss, because I don't use it with that in mind. I just add it to stuff, like greek yogurt, my morning coffee, an occasional smoothie.
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Muscle milk will not help you lose weight. Staying within your allotted calories, eating a proper diet and exercise will assist in losing weight. Nutrition they say (who they is is beyond me at this juncture) is 80% of weight loss. In saying this I use whey protein daily to up my protein especially after weightlifting and big workouts, however it is not a magic shake. Focus on good nutrition use whey protein as a enhancement to your nutrition...you will do great..good luck
  • thinwithinme
    thinwithinme Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I like the Caffe Latte Muscle Milk Light... its a good after workout boost and a good source of protein without a lot of calories.

I recommend giving a few a try and see what you think... for me, this is one of the few i can actually get down. LOL

Good luck!
  • hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    As with any popular product, it has it's detractors. I encourage you to do a Google search for reviews on it. There are claims of high levels of metals including arsenic. Of course, the company claims they have had it tested as well and that they passed all requirements....

Read into that what you will.

At any rate, it is worth looking up both sides so that you can make up your own mind.
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I like to add whey to my Shakeology to help me with keeping all of my vitamins and protein :)
  • 1workoutman
    Options
    Body by Vi is the best tasting shake that I have had. Under 100 calories as well.
  • bbabs99
    Options
    If you're looking for a shake that is giving you lots of protein, you could do better than muslce milk for the calories. In a protein shake, I look for the ratio of protein calories to fat/carb calories. The bottled muscle milks don't do all that well when compared with Optimum Nutrition or IsoPure in that regard.
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    Muscle milk will not help you lose weight. Staying within your allotted calories, eating a proper diet and exercise will assist in losing weight. Nutrition they say (who they is is beyond me at this juncture) is 80% of weight loss. In saying this I use whey protein daily to up my protein especially after weightlifting and big workouts, however it is not a magic shake. Focus on good nutrition use whey protein as a enhancement to your nutrition...you will do great..good luck

THIS! I use Hemp protein