To exercise or not to exercise that is the question

Options
Ok I got a tooth pulled and can only eat soft stuff and was advised no strenuous exercise. Well now I can exercise but still can only have soft foods and finding it hard to eat 1200 calories this way. So do I exercise or do I wait till I can get more solids in. Hard to get protein in too.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Replies

• rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Go for a walk and see how you feel. Don't over do it. Wow- did I really tell you that?!

Better rest up for our next workout. ;)
  • jencute
    jencute Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    listen to how your body truly feels, but i like to say when in doubt, pound it out. You never know if you could have really used that workout, however small, in the future (i.e. cake! =])
  • Emily102102
    Emily102102 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would just walk, you don't want to lift that clot & get dry socket..
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I second the go for the walk advice. As to getting protein, if you are able to eat them make up some eggs with some extra egg whites. The whites are pretty much pure protein. Also milk is another good source. Protein powders mixed with water work as well.
  • llm12
    llm12 Posts: 49
    Options
    My mother recently had the same issue. She started drinking protein shakes to make up for the lost calories. After one week of no exercise, she couldn't deal with it anymore and started by jogging for ten minutes. If she felt ok after that then she kept going. If you feel up to exercising, then I say give it a shot. Just start out slow and take it from there.
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    Get your dog and go for a nice brisk walk
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I would just walk, you don't want to lift that clot & get dry socket..

This! I had a wisdom tooth pulled and ended up with a dry socket. TAKE IT EASY. A dry socket sucks and isn't worth working out.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Exercise. Eating below 1200 calories for a couple of days isn't going to hurt you. The longer you put off exercise the harder it is to get back to it.
    But to help you reach your calorie goal and get protein, eat peanut butter, cottage cheese (or any cheese), eggs, protein shake, avocado, etc.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    just walk, it doesn't have to be far or fast.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have become a fan of this thing called exercise. Do the walk or light bike ride.
  • laz22girl
    Options
    When was the tooth pulled? The last time I got a tooth pulled, I was told my exercise for 3-4 days.

I'd not risk it...I was still pretty groggy and in pain for several days after the tooth was pulled.

I'd also not worry about calories for a few days. Just relax, just a journey not a race...a week or so of no exercise and eating soft foods won't make you gain.

Also, do not drink out of straw...so shakes would be out for me.
  • skhm25
    Options
    I am llm12 mom. I had my 4 wisdom teeth puller & a piece of jaw bone removed. after a week I was going nuts so I jogged for 10 minutes 1st day & then added minutes each day depend how I felt plus I walk for 30 minutes.