Binge Eating ??

Options
Hello! My fitness pal has helped SO much in my struggle with binge eating disorder. Have had the condition for 5 years now. I tried fasting, juice fasting, Atkins, south beach, etc. I found that every time I tried to accomplish a goal, I would go back to my destructive eating patterns. About a month ago, I discovered this site. I was sick and tired of being fat. I was eating a TON more cals than I thought I was eating. In now living a happy, energetic life, 18 lbs lighter. Food journaling has without a doubt helped me become healthy and confident. It works,it works, it works. Having BED, I would often feed myself negative thoughs of failure. A word of advice..You will fail 100% if you don't think positive, supportive thoughts. If anyone has any success stories with eating disorders, post them here please(: I hope to post more stories about my weight loss soon!
Love and light, Sara

Replies

• cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    way to go sara! :) im struggling with it now. recently learned about it.
  • marielladear
    Options
    Well, I'm not completely successful, but I will be. When I was a child, I had BED, I couldn't stop eating and everytime I felt like my food was being digested and I was losing that 'very full' feeling, I would go and eat and tell myself I was hungry. Unfortunately I was told that if you have bulimia you could be skinny and being 11 I believed that and developed bulimia. I wasn't weighing myself, just staring at myself. I gained even more weight and when I was 15 I substituted my bad eating habits for self injury and I was healthy, lost weight and that and all was good beside the selfharm, then I was without both for about 2 months (happiest moments of my life) and then relapsed disgracefully with both... lost my period etc...
    NOW, 8 months later, I'm ready to do this the healthy way, I struggle but MFP is soooooo helpful! and so is tumblr! I'm also a devote christian and I just gave it all to God, best thing ever. So much happier and healthier now! I know I can do this! I know I can recover.. Only lost 7Ibs, but I did that healthily! and I can't wait to lose more!
    mariella x
  • Saramuran
    Options
    @Marielladear Congrats!!! Sorry to hear your struggle with Bulimia ...too many girls are hearing these terrible body image messages in the media.. I hope you continue to healthfully achieve your goal!! Have a great day.
    -Sara