Kettle Bell Workout

Options
I was searching for this to see how many calories it burned and couldn't find it. Anyone know if it is on here? Or do you use them and what do you count it as...cardio, strength, areobics???

Replies

• RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    bump
  • vernie87wb
    vernie87wb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would count it as strength. Other than that, I'm not real sure how many cals it burns. Maybe search another site?
  • vernie87wb
    vernie87wb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I would count it as strength. Other than that, I'm not real sure how many cals it burns. Maybe search another site?
  • sarahs440
    Options
    I googled "how many calories burned with kettlebell" and found a site that helped. Then I just added it to "My exercise's" I love the kettlebell!!
  • hazelnutflav
    hazelnutflav Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/fitness_search_all.asp?sidn=2^\GjzFEM6I_+++o\etRbqc6++++++&dteDateShowing=11/6/2011&iGoalNum=228308789

click add cardio
    type in the word kettelbell
    put in the time

i have been here since may and have been using kettelbells twice a week i love them and have been successfully lossing since then.

good luck on your journey.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options

Not! Kettlbell workouts include some very intense cardio and the burn depends on your height, weight, and how hard you swing and how long. I typically burn 12 calories a minute when I swing.
  • oldy76
    oldy76 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Using my HRM I find that I burn 80-90 cals for every 10 minutes of kettle bell exercises. Obviously this depends on the intensity of your training, height, weight, age, sex etc but that's my total!!
  • ehwilson
    ehwilson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yea it is a lot of cardio. This was my first one and it kicked my butt! But I loved it :smile:
  • ehwilson
    ehwilson Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • VVEXVVEX
    VVEXVVEX Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Not! Kettlbell workouts include some very intense cardio and the burn depends on your height, weight, and how hard you swing and how long. I typically burn 12 calories a minute when I swing.

I second that. It is the most high-intensity cardio I've ever done.
  • dsant72
    Options
    It depends on the intesity and weight being used....it says online that you can burn up to 20 calories a minute in a workout....I do a 40 min DVD and use a 15 lbs kettlebell and figure I burn around 800 or less in the workout.