Putting your scale on your kitchen floor?

Options
Recently I was in a home where a family did this as motivation to make better food choices.
I think that I'm going to try it.
Has anyone here tried it? Thoughts?

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Do you make bad food choices? Are you an unhealthy weight? If not, there is no point in weighing yourself at all, let alone tormenting yourself with scales in the kitchen.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I keep mine in the kitchen! Until I got a grip on food choices, I would use it as a motivational tool. That said, since i've lost a lot of weight and feel i've become a pro for myself now, I really only use it in the mornings. I think it's a great idea if you think it would help you! It isn't about "horrifying" yourself-- it's about knowing yourself on the deepest level possible. :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    With weight varying so much throughout the day, I honestly think it will just drive you crazy. Weighing in more than once a week isn't going to determine your weight loss accurately. Keep the scale in the closet so you won't be tempted. Food scales in the kitchen, however, I'm all for! :D
  • SeattleLove
    Options
    I like this idea, but unfortunately I can't do it because
    1) my kitchen is way too small and
    2) my mom wouldn't let me move the scale out of the bathroom
    But I can totally see how this could be motivating to make healthier food choices. Just like putting up pictures of your "dream body" on the fridge...
  • tonyavanwinkle2
    tonyavanwinkle2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mine is in the kitchen, under a shelf. Mainly because it is the only floor that is not carpet and the scale weighs differently if on the carpet for some reason and I want the most accurate reading.
  • jillcwhite
    jillcwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt personally do it because I have two daughters at home. I wouldnt want them to get weight obessed.
  • shuttlefan
    Options
    My scale is in the kitchen and has been for a long time. That's just part of my morning routine and it does weight differently on a solid surface opposed to a carpeted floor.
  • Dragn77
    Dragn77 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    On being weight obsessed..this is something Im super prone to and this would just make it worse!
    I can see it as being a good motivational tool though, even if not to weigh yourself on it, just as a visual reminder.

So, maybe for those who dont have the space or want to end up weighing themselves all day, instead of actually bringing the scale in the kitchen, just take a picture of it and put it on the fridge?
  • oftheearth
    oftheearth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the responses.
    I do tend to get super body critical (not exactly weight critical, but they can go hand-in hand), so maybe it's not the best idea for me. I think I might just try it if I have tons of sweets in the house that I am trying to ration.