The green challenge..

Options
I don't know if it would be an interest, but I would love to put together even a small group of people losing weight while drinking green smoothies and eating more veggies and fruit than anything else..

I have lost all my cravings, I am never hungry, I feel amazing and would love the accountability and support of a group of us doing it together...In 2 weeks I am down 18 pounds and no it is not water....I have researched green smoothies and juicing like crazy, read, watched etc etc...It is not a diet fad....it is healthy to lose this weight. I spoke to a client who is a Dr and she said this is awesome and I am on the right track for sure....

I notice and am not judging a lot of negativity on here and as much as I like the site, the rest just upsets me. So I would love a group of people who really want to motivate and help each other....be real support...You don't even have to do the green smoothies if we are all positive and can all share...

Let me know...maybe I am totally of base...

Let's see what happens...

We could even come up with a great name....create a blog site .... end up helping others while we are doing this...I don't know...let me know what you think....if it is rude, please keep it to yourself because I am not interested in getting into a pis*ing match with anyone....

I am a love unconditionally, no judgement kind of girl...

Replies

• lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    what's an example of a green smoothie?
  • ottis10
    Options
    hi
    The Green Challange sounds really interesting - i would love to hear more about it! I am always concerned about the fruit intake - i have heard that can do more harm than good? i take it you are concentrating on the veggie intake?
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies are made from fruits and veggies both, and are called "green" because they contain a portion of leafy greens which usually turn them green. The fruit, yogurt, and other ingredients make them sweet though, they don't taste funny :)

I love them - or at least used the make them a lot.., but my blender is crummy :(
  • Mamafran
    Options
    I am also interested in knowing what a green smoothie is. Is it safe? What exactly does this diet consist of and where did you hear about it?
  • lstnlondry
    lstnlondry Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies are made from fruits and veggies both, and are called "green" because they contain a portion of leafy greens which usually turn them green. The fruit, yogurt, and other ingredients make them sweet though, they don't taste funny :)

I love them - or at least used the make them a lot.., but my blender is crummy :(

Well in that case, I'm in because I have smoothies w/spinach almost daily!!
  • AmythistRae
    Options
    I will give an example of my last smoothie..

coconut milk pineapple banana chia seeds water spinach and kale

they are awesome....if you google or youtube green smoothies you will learn so much!!!!!!! from people doing it...losing 150 200 pounds with no need for plastic surgery...Diabetes going away...cancer being healed...it is amazing...

Everyone says they worry about the fruit..,.and I am always over on sugars but my blood sugar has dropped....the greens in your smoothie stabilize the sugars from the fruit...I have gotten past a cold everyone in my family has had for weeks in two days...I have lost 18 pounds...My skin is glowing...it is amazing...my energy is out of this world..I have NO cravings! NONE!!!! and I am a 400 pound woman..I did not get here without snacking.,...NO SNACKING now..I don't even want too...the only thing I crave is to move around....to get exercise...I used to be a salt addict...don't even touch it anymore...my husband made me a fried egg with seasoning salt the way I always loved it...I had to spit it out..it was SO gross....I used to be addicted to tea with 2 heavy cream and 2 sugar...now skim milk and a 1/4 teaspoon of lavender honey....I finally get why people become obsessed with wanting to share info because this round of losing weight...is so far the easiest thing I have ever done in my lifetime....no kidding.....not even a little bit...if i want meat I have 4-6 oz of steak with salad...or chicken....but I rarely need that too...I have grilled veggies and fresh veggies and fruit all the time....

love it...

check out greensmoothiegirl and liferegenerator..he is my favorite because he is so real....
    No i am not advertising anything and I am not promoting buying anything,..,,.,these are who I watch...for free...
  • AmythistRae
    Options
    I was asked in my email what I make and do they taste good....so I will post exactly what I do...My diary is always open...and if you ever want any of the recipes you see on my diary just ask...I never have anything to hide....I truly believe it takes an army of knowledge and help to change our lives...IT takes a village to raise a child and we are all just fully grown think we know better but we don't children...

I make full batches of smoothies. My kitchen aide blender full makes exactly 3 16oz smoothies.. I went to walmart and grabbed 16 oz mason jars...and then plastic mason jar lids...yes that makes a difference..

so in my blender i will put
    2 frozen because they were on sale bananas
    half a pineapple cut up
    1 can of coconut milk
    2 tablespoons of chia seeds
    4 big taking of the stem leaves of kale
    3 huge handfuls of fresh spinach...
    2 pitted dates
    banana green on diary

blend and pour....green creamy pina caladas.....you can't taste anything but coconut and pineapple..mmmmmmm

this is just one recipe...i have made many more...I made 6 containers so 2 different kinds at a time and i throw them in the fridge...so i will give another recipe of the other three i made...

2 frozen bananas
    frozen raspberries i just throw it in
    2 dates
    water
    chia seeds
    2 of the jello sugar free cherry pomegranate already made jello cups
    2 fresh peaches
    3 big handfuls of spinach
    pinch of cinnamon

blend and mmmmmmm

this one is way less calories...it is my rasp peach green in my food diary

so they last in the fridge 2 to three days.....I make them at night and I go to farmers markets and sales....which is why i have frozen bananas

this is no more costly than eating healthy I am actually saving money....

about $3.00 a smoothie

so I gran one in the morning drink it slowly...I am full all morning...grab one for lunch drink it slowly....unless i am hungry then i down it...

then for supper I will have homemade Greek salad with feta no olives or a steak and salad or steamed beets and grilled veggies like tonight....if i am hungry i will have a apple pear or a plum or cauliflower...I have no cravings...I drink green tea plain or green mandarin tea plain or i will whisk skim milk with cinnamon and sugar free vanilla syrup on the stove to steam it and add half a cup of boiling water with earl grey or English breakfast or chai tea and then half my steamed milk...so tasty....I do not drink 8-10 glasses of water at all....2 maybe if i am lucky...but i get so much from my green teas or my steamed to or another one is earl grey with skim milk and lavender honey...

I am always satisfied I feel great I am sleeping great and the weight is falling off...

there ya go...that is a typical AmythistRae day....oh I also cut up my fruit when i buy it and store in fridge on containers and i cut up some veggies...so it is all easy to grab....

sorry for mistyped words... I was typing fast to get it all out.....whew!