Feeling Frustrated Today...

Options
I have started a healthy lifestyle and working out everyday for a minimum of 30 minutes. Ive been doing this for about two weeks now and yesterday was my last weigh in. I was expecting maybe 1 pound lost or so but i gained 6 oz! I was so discouraged.

and this morning i went to the gym, but by the time my workout was over i felt frustrated and disgusted. Im just having a bit of a bad day i guess...

I would absolutely love some opinions and support!

also, I am looking for some supportive MFP friends! so please add me!

Replies

• codycaca1
    codycaca1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Dont get discouraged its only been two weeks!! Your body needs time to process the changes you are making! Just make sure you are eating right while exercising. Also since you are just starting out try not to weigh your self for a few weeks! I have been in the same position as you are, but have been going strong for two months and some weeks I dont see any changes on the scale at all. Be patient with yourself and in time you will see great results :)
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Katherine, I started this journey last December so I've been at it awhile. Believe me, it is perfectly normal for your weight to fluctuate up and down as you lose. It's more important to look at the long-term. I know it's hard. I know we all wish we could lose the extra weight as fast as we gain it. It's a long road and there really are no short cuts. There are "fad" diets and new exercise gimmicks, but the reality is it takes time no matter what you do. You have to learn to look at it as a change in your life, and oh by the way getting thinner is a bonus. :) (I'm not trying to sound preachy, I'm just sharing the experience I've had).

There are also going to be days when you just don't "feel it" at the gym. Some days I just don't seem to have the same energy. It can be from what I ate, how I slept, work stress, etc. I just do the best I can every day to make the right choices to keep myself healthy.

Good luck. You can do it. Being here will help!
  • whiteshark68
    whiteshark68 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have probably been gaining muscle, which weighs more than fat. I know it gets frustrating, I get discouraged, too. Try to remember that you are doing great things for your health! The healthful benefits far outshine what the scale says. You are doing great!
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    I completely understand - Just remember that the weight didn't appear overnight so unfortunately its the same for weight loss. Just keep at it and as long as you are diligent with diet and exercise it will come off.

You're doing great - Don't give up on yourself, YOU ARE WORTH IT
  • katherinehurleynelson
    Options
    I am so thankful for all of you!
    I really needed your words of wisdom and support.
    Its time to be patient and persistent!

Thank you everyone!