I did pull-ups!!

Options
lys617
lys617 Posts: 51 Member
I did pull-ups for the first time in my life!! Just wanted to share! =)

Replies

• AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Good job.
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    Great job! Wtg!
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    congrats, I still can not do it!
  • iGlad
    iGlad Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I must applaud you as i go to the gym all the time and cannot even do ONE, I am waiting until i lose a few more lbs before i attempt it again...........well done
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Jealous, I'd love to do a pull up, well done
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Nice! I have never done one!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Well done! That's a real victory!
  • soarinup
    Options
    I could do 3 --- 17 lbs ago, maybe I will again !
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Nice! I have never done one!

Ditto! I'd be proud of that too!
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing feat. Congrats!
  • brooke4fitness
    brooke4fitness Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am envious! I've never done one - even when I was younger and in shape. How did you work up to it?
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! Well done!
    I'm in college now, and I haven't even attempted a pull-up since middle school when we had fitness tests. I remember not even being able to do one, and being completely humiliated!
    You've inspired me- I will try again soon :D
    Thank you for sharing, and keep up the great work!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've recently started doing a few myself. I don't mind the pull-ups so much but have you tried dips? The first time I tried those not only could I not raise my arms above my shoulders for 3 days I had to take a break from jogging because my boobs hurt with every step...and I'm a guy:)
  • hoppinglark
    hoppinglark Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Way to go...
    I don't think I've been able to do one for years,..I'm looking forward to getting that back again.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you!!!

I am working my way up there. I used to be able to do a couple, but when I gained weight last year I lost the ability. Hopefully soon I can join you in the "I did it" category.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Great stuff! LOVE pullups.

For those working up to them try the following:
    dead hang anti shrugs: hang from bar at full extension and concentrate on squeezing your lats and bring your shoulders away from your ears. Do as many as you can for a few sets.

negatives: stand on something so you can start at the top, hold the bar and lower yourself down as slowly as possible. Do as many as you can for a few sets.

I've found with bw exercises, the more often you do them the easier they get. I was doing a pushup, lunge pullup program adding one rep every day for 2 months. Got up to 33 pullups in a row doing this.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!