November Shred-It Challenge Day 6

Options
Ahh, Sunday. One of the best days of the week, in my opinion.

I'm happy to say that a lot of my original soreness has gone away, but I'm already starting to feel changes in my body. Arms feel more toned, legs too. Can't wait for the 15th so we can all take our weight and measurements.

How's everyone doing? Anything to share?

Have a great day gals!

Replies

• mc522
    mc522 Posts: 23
    Options
    I feel pretty terrible...Im not winning the fight against this cold trying to take over. Im hoping at some point today I will be able to do my workout. I would be really disappointed if I skipped a day. I HATE being sick!!! Grrr!
  • lpaulin1
    Options
    Sorry you're feeling so lousy! Hope you get over it quickly.
  • lpaulin1
    Options
    Just finished Day 6. I have a ton of things to do - kids, house, work, but made this a priority. Very proud of myself. The normal "me" would have skipped on a day like today. My thighs feel sore when I do the lateral lunges and the front lunges, but in a good way. I also feel like my cardio endurance is improving greatly. I HAVE to keep this up. What a great feeling.
  • FitChic13
    FitChic13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 6. I have a ton of things to do - kids, house, work, but made this a priority. Very proud of myself. The normal "me" would have skipped on a day like today. My thighs feel sore when I do the lateral lunges and the front lunges, but in a good way. I also feel like my cardio endurance is improving greatly. I HAVE to keep this up. What a great feeling.

Totally agree about the HAVE to keep it up! I've done push up before but never "pushed through" the soreness and now I feel invincible! So strong and my cardio endurance feels like it has tripled! I'm feeling like an addict with a new drug!:laugh:
    Sooo, must go Shred!

Happy Shredding Everyone!

Lisa :smile:
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies...hope you are all feeling stronger now, since we have come to day 6 of Level 1. I just completed my spin and now I am going to do my Day 6.

Have a wonderful day! and

Just Shred It!
  • FitChic13
    FitChic13 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    D6L1 - Done:bigsmile:

I'm feeling stronger but it is still a tough work out and I :love: it!

Previewed Level 2 and dare I say - it kinda looks easier? Bet it isn't though!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday and enjoying the extra hour

Lisa :smile:
  • starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Day 6 done. I figured by now the back to back jumping jacks and jumprope would have gotten easier. It hasn't she still gets me everytime
  • Hailey
    Hailey Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    So I went home for a night on friday and havent been able to do the shred since thursday! So I am actually going to try to do it 3 times today, and if not, two today and two tomorrow.

Also I wasnt able to eat under my cal goal at all, but I sure payed attention to what I was eating and was trying to be careful.

Well Im not really sore anymore and it feels great! Well I will post whats going on later!
  • lilroo82
    Options
    Day 6 done. I figured by now the back to back jumping jacks and jumprope would have gotten easier. It hasn't she still gets me everytime

That bit gets me too every time! Yet I find the last 2 mins of cardio dead easy...

So 6 days in and I am noticing a difference - I was a mess after Day 1, now it's not so bad. Even those press ups I thought I'd never do are manageable, can't do them without knees on the floor but it's a start!
  • Ritala1987
    Ritala1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have just completed day 7(its the 7th here) but started on level2 on the 4th day as i didnt find level one challenging enough after a few days (the first day kicked my butt! lol)
    I have found though that i have gained weight!!!!!!! :( a few people have said that this has happened to them aswell????has anyone else had this issue? as i have worked really hard and its disheartening!!!! i still feel good for doing it though...hope everyone else is staying on track????
    oh and btw i have been commenting on the last topic, where we made the challenge lol
  • micmac327
    Options
    Just finished my shred for the day. I love the sweat I get from this dvd! Gross and awesome!

Hope you all had a great weekend!
  • starrlight23
    starrlight23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have just completed day 7(its the 7th here) but started on level2 on the 4th day as i didnt find level one challenging enough after a few days (the first day kicked my butt! lol)
    I have found though that i have gained weight!!!!!!! :( a few people have said that this has happened to them aswell????has anyone else had this issue? as i have worked really hard and its disheartening!!!! i still feel good for doing it though...hope everyone else is staying on track????
    oh and btw i have been commenting on the last topic, where we made the challenge lol

I have heard from several people that you do gain weight at first. They have said it seems to fall off and more starting in the 3rd week.
  • mc522
    mc522 Posts: 23
    Options
    Today was a no go for me...felt so crappy- just couldnt do it. Tomorrow I WILL complete day 8!!!
  • Lizmhoughton
    Lizmhoughton Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Okay, so Saturday night I was all about it. Started the dvd around 915PM and then ran 4.5 miles. This was after working for my old employer all day and then doing work for my current employer when I got home. Sunday, on the other hand, was a different story. Me and my bf went to breakfast, I got an omelet instead of my chocolate chip pancakes and went to my softball game and took my dog to the park. When I got home I snacked with my bf on quaker snacks and chips and salsa. Then, I was just so tired and took a 30 min nap, went to the grocery store and made dinner. I just couldn't get the workout in due to lack of motivation........