IT worker in the desk-job hole.

Options
Hey MFP! I'm an IT professional in Toronto. Five years sitting in front of a computer for 10+ hours a day has gotten my health into a very sad state; the stress of the position has caused my smoking and drinking to spike too. All kinds of not good. I am determined to get all three under control now. My first week here and on Fitocracy have been very helpful so far. I'm trying to get in better shape to enroll in a ballet class in January and could use some fitness buddies and motivation.

Replies

• TakuraHunt
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
  • Ericgunner
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck with your lifestyle change. More than happy to be friend if you would like.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I too have lots of IT-related weight to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • TIFnFIT
    TIFnFIT Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can add me. My hubby is an IT guy too - I know how many loooong hours you guys work and I'm sure it's hard. This site is FULL of encouragement and support but you have to ultimately do the hard work! Sounds like your in the right frame of mind and that's half the battle! Feel free to add me, I'll do what I can :)
  • rhiannon1621
    rhiannon1621 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do the same kind of job sitting at a desk 9 hours a day, you can do it! trust me if i can anyone can im one of the laziest people i know haha :)