First injury - need advice please

Options
During a workout almost 3 weeks ago, I seemed to have hurt a muscle in my arm by my elbow (I looked it up and found out that it is called the Brachioradialis muscle). At first it wasn't too bad and I thought it just may need to be stretched. Boy was I WRONG!!! After my workout on Friday, it seems to have gotten worse. Other than rest for that muscle, does anyone have any other suggestions for relief??

Replies

• myth4ever
    Options
    got to take care of yourself....go to DR get it checked out please!!! I thought I could rest an injury and I was oh so wrong! If I would have gotten it looked at early I wouldn't have to go thru the tons of issues I have. Go to the DR ASAP!!!!!
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    strap and ice pack to it, keep it elevated, try not to move it. I pulled the muscle in my left arm from my elbow to my wrist and I wore it in a brace and iced it. It took about a week and a half but it go better. Muscles just take time to heal
  • TIFnFIT
    TIFnFIT Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Rest, ice, ibuprophen for swelling and perhaps see a Dr. just to make sure it's just a muscle strain. Rest it until it heals though, or you could damage it worse. Sorry to hear!! Good luck!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Can't really explain how to fix that..but I do know i hurt mine awhile back and actually took about over a month to heal...I lessened my weights and took it easy...as I didn't work that muscle for awhile..and I stretched it out a ton every day...

You may need to have it checked out..you might have done something to your arm...?
  • Mingyming
    Options
    My Mother has a very active job and gets into some trouble with herself as well. Motrin is awesome, but let a Doc. check it out so you can as much help as possible :smile:
  • MyCoachNYLA
    MyCoachNYLA Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    There may have been a strain at the attachment but if it does not get better and the pain is close to the bone, you really need to get to an ortho DR. and have it checked. There could be a micro tear. Pain in that location is not something to play with.

Just like someone shared, ice will be your friend. I do friction ice cup rubs on my clients I have had to treat when they did something to strain a muscle etc. which is an athletic training technique used in athletics. It really gets down into the layers of the muscle tissue to constrict and reduce the inflamation much better than just laying an ice pack on it. You take an ice cube holding with a napkin so you fingers don't freeze and you rub the ice around in a circular motion at a moderate pace. First you will feel it ice cold with it starting to turn red, then you will feel it burn and then turn numb. Once it turns numb, you know you got down into the layers to get in there at the level you need to induce healing. Do several treatments about 20 minutes a part.

Hope it's just a strain. Good luck.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor.

People here cannot give you advice for your injury. We don't know exactly what it is or how bad it is. Go to the experts.
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Looks like I will be heading to see the doc!!