MFP Runners Club: 4/11

Options
My son and I are doing Day 2 of Week 3 of the Couch to 5K. Looking forward to a nice sunny day run.

Replies

• duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My son and I are doing Day 2 of Week 3 of the Couch to 5K. Looking forward to a nice sunny day run.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Have fun & enjoy the sunshine, duffyzmom!! :drinker:

6.5 in this morning. The furthest I've gone this year!! Bring on the 10k's!!! :smokin: :drinker:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Finished Week 4 of the Couch to 5K :bigsmile:
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    I've been getting in periodic runs every few days. Hopefully, weather cooperating, I'll be back to running every day or every other day. Did 5.75 this morning and the sweat was dripping instead of freezing. Yay!
  • puppylove84
    Options
    got in 7.7 miles :grumble: I had to improvise due to some police activity right in the middle of my route... thought I had cleared 8! oh well... with the yard work I have to get done today I'm sure I'll more than make up for it... happy running everyone! :drinker:
  • lkfulcher
    Options
    hi all! i'm new to mfp, and new to running as well. i've been doing run/walk intervals this week to get myself started. just was wondering if i could join in on this thread with you guys and post as i [hopefully] progress to longer and faster runs... :tongue:

you guys amaze me! have a happy easter weekend!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Ran a 5k race with my friend spur of the moment. Ended up finishing 2nd in my age group. :bigsmile: my time was 24:11 or somewhere around there. I really would love to break the 24 minute mark. I need to find myself a good, flat course!:laugh:

Jess, we're waiting to hear from you. Hope you kicked butt today.

Lk- welcome!!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hello runners!!!!!!!!!! I am back!! I beat my goal time and finished the half marathon in 1:57:41!!!!!! My goal was anything under 1:59:19!! (my last half time) So it's a new PR for me!!!!! I felt great and strong. The weather was chillier and windier than expected (around 40*) but it actually felt pretty good!

Now onto my next half in 3 weeks!!!!!! :bigsmile:

Jess
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hello runners!!!!!!!!!! I am back!! I beat my goal time and finished the half marathon in 1:57:41!!!!!! My goal was anything under 1:59:19!! (my last half time) So it's a new PR for me!!!!! I felt great and strong. The weather was chillier and windier than expected (around 40*) but it actually felt pretty good!

Jess

Fantastic, Jess! WTG on your new PR! You've been working hard - I'm glad you accomplished your goal! WooHoo!:drinker:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Hello runners!

I ran an easy 3 miles and did a chest and triceps work out.
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Jess

Jess,
    Congrats on the PR:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: We knew you could do it.

I got about 5 miles in with my son today. Time for leg work out tonight.
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Jess

Way to go Jess - Congrats on your PR! You sound so ready for the Indy.