50 lbs here I come

Options
Hello everyone...ok, I found this site just looking for a calorie counter, and it is basically the coolest site I have found so far. It has similar applications as bodybugg, exept....IT'S FREE. I am happy that people out there are committed to helping people like me loose weight by giving us free tools like this! I am ready to tackle this 50 lb challenge. Does anyone have any tips for me?

Replies

• andreasoulcastle
    andreasoulcastle Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone...ok, I found this site just looking for a calorie counter, and it is basically the coolest site I have found so far. It has similar applications as bodybugg, exept....IT'S FREE. I am happy that people out there are committed to helping people like me loose weight by giving us free tools like this! I am ready to tackle this 50 lb challenge. Does anyone have any tips for me?
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Andrea! I would suggest logging your meals BEFORE you eat them. Drink a lot of water. Be honest with yourself about what you're eating and the pounds will start dwindling away. Remember, slow & steady wins the race! :flowerforyou:
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou:
    Drink plenty of water, and don't deprive yourself, a little of what we shouldn't eat ever now and then doesn't hurt at all -as long as it is every now and then and not every day. If we steer clear of all 'bad' foods all the time we end up having a major binge out - and I'm a prime case for that, I refused to eat anything unhealthy for weeks, I did really well with weight loss, and then, I binged on all the foods I'd been avoiding. So it's jsut a case of beign strict with yourself and only having a small bit of that 'bad' food instead of all of it :flowerforyou:
    Eat your exercise calories, don't eat less than 1200 calories a day, your body needs 1200 minimum to get through each day.

Hope this helps
    Jackie
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Hey Becky
    Not seen you around lately - either you not been on much or I've missed your posts :flowerforyou:
    Hope everything is ok with you and yours
    Jackie :heart:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: