Calorie Counter

Options
Hey everyone.
Here is a website that Hungrygirl.com gave for calorie counting. She had mentioned that people grossly overestimate their calorie burn during a workout. Hope this helps.

http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/jumpsite/calculat.htm

Replies

• gperry227
    gperry227 Posts: 93
    Options
    Hey everyone.
    Here is a website that Hungrygirl.com gave for calorie counting. She had mentioned that people grossly overestimate their calorie burn during a workout. Hope this helps.

http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspartner/jumpsite/calculat.htm
  • Vanessa1969
    Vanessa1969 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for that, it has so many activities on it. I like to have as many as I can, just so I can try out a couple and see how much of a difference there is.
    I compared what I have been given on this site for my workouts, and what they have on that one, and they are only about 2-5 calories off. Not bad.
  • shalinik78
    Options
    Hi :) Just wanted to add a optimistic note on this - another theory says that we also over calculate the calories that we intake - especially when one cooks in their own kitchen :)
    Also this is what I do - in a day at GYM if I burn 400 Cals I log 350 :) To be modest !!!

I believe not to get into too many details and just keep my spirits high !!!!

Good Luck to you too !!!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Hi :) Just wanted to add a optimistic note on this - another theory says that we also over calculate the calories that we intake - especially when one cooks in their own kitchen :)
    Also this is what I do - in a day at GYM if I burn 400 Cals I log 350 :) To be modest !!!

I believe not to get into too many details and just keep my spirits high !!!!

Good Luck to you too !!!

I'm with ya! I put everything in my food diary- right down to every jelly bean, or bite of someone else's food. I also log my exercise, and I underestimate on purpose. However, I realize that many meals (home made, at a small local restaurant, etc.) are just estimations, so days when I think I'm under by 30 calories, I could in reality be over by a decent amount, and vice-versa:noway: . So, although I do the best that I can, I recognize that this isn't a completely fool-proof system, so we only can do what we can do. Of course, the more realistic estimations the better, though- and the Activity Calorie Calculator looks good to me :smile:
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I log my exercise, but totally don't worry about it. I don't eat additional calories based on what it says I've burned. I actually talked it over with my doctor and she doesn't think I should eat over 1500 calories, even with the amount of exercise I told her I was doing. Maybe I'll pay more attention to it when I get closer to my goal weight and want to prepare for "maintenance".