The Joys of Trader Joe's Vegetable Masala Veggie Burger

Options
120 calories, made from veggies only and NO SOY (http://www.traderjoesfan.com/Trader_Joes/vegetable_masala_burger/details/) and so very good!

It would be perfect if you were craving: take out, Indian food, a baked potato (lots of yummy soft potato chunks), something savory, late night snack

I ate it on halved slice of 45 calorie whole wheat bread with tomato slices, thick slice of onion, and lettuce. With a quarter of a bell pepper it was 230 some calories. Easily bulk up the calorie count with cheese or a real bun.

Enjoy!

Replies

• sundancer1966
    sundancer1966 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy!! gonna try them. thanks
  • jem33199
    jem33199 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I bought Masala Veggie Burgers from a local Indian grocer and I LOVED them. The last time I went in they were out. I will have to check Trader Joe's!
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE anything Trader Joe's. It's my happy place :D
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE anything Trader Joe's. It's my happy place :D

I second that.
  • RuthAne
    RuthAne Posts: 130
    Options
    I love eating one of these on a bed of greens. : )
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I chop one up, cook it in a pan until all the pieces are nice and crispy then scramble two eggs (or two servings of egg substitute) with it. So freakin' tasty!
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Always looking for new things to try at TJs, this is now on my list! :)
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I LOVE these. Remind me so much of fast food burgers in India - so good topped with shredded cabbage and tamarind sauce :)
  • MisMissey
    Options
    They're finally opening a Trader Joe's in my area next year, can't wait! I'm adding this to the 'things to try when they finally open list'! Thanks for the tip!
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I just bought these yesterday, glad to hear they are good!
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I had one for lunch yesterday with some homemade hummus and a side of cauliflower. It was delicious!!