Here for support

When I first started MFP I was not sure about adding people and did not really understand how much support was on this site. So I started to add people and love the support. I then started to share some of my insight and found sharing with others helps me stay motivated because I do not want to share something I have not already done myself or working towards doing.

So now I am offering to those who need some support, someone to check in on them when they have not logged in after a few days. Someone who has been there and done that working on health goals and still has to work hard to stay motivated. If you add me to your friends list I WILL email you if you have not logged in for a few days so if you’re not into that type of support I am probably not the person for your friends list.

I get excited about helping others and helping myself. I believe in giving everyone the opportunity and you do not have to be vocal just consistent in your journey. I love my wife and kids who provide a ton of support which allows me to spend time doing what I enjoy. So if you don’t mind a swift kick from time to time and want to learn your not the only one that has to work hard towards your goals go ahead ADD me and let’s get this done!!

Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Congrats to you on your success!
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    I just added you :happy: I find that having positive support on a regular basis definately helps. I struggled with my weight for years and it wasn't until I joined a support group of fabulous ladies that I really started losing the weight. Here I am, 7 months later and 46 pounds lighter, and in much better shape than I have been in years! I am only 28 lbs away from my goal and I couldn't be happier about it!
  • StacyB150
    StacyB150 Posts: 60 Member
    I'm glad I added you, because that Swift Kick is exactly what I need. Congrats on your success!
  • janey2607
    janey2607 Posts: 64 Member
    We are already friends and just want to say I love the support you give, so inspirational and motivational. Thank you xxx
  • jvan1957
    jvan1957 Posts: 114
    Hi. My name is John, I'm 54, and am disabled due to several health issues. I have lost weight over the last few years, HW 308# SMFPW 251.5 and CW 147.5. Could use some support and a swift one when I need one. Am sending you a friend rquest.

Thanks
    John
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,046 Member
    I have you as a friend now, and glad that you already checked on me. I need more friends on here like that.
  • shanepb
    shanepb Posts: 2 Member
    I occasionally need that so thanks.
  • gbelltx
    gbelltx Posts: 142
    Thanks for all the kind words!! Im ready when your ready!! Lets do this!!
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    You're such a positive, sweet person. I'm so glad we're friends. I look forward to your inspirational posts every day. Thank you. Smile.
  • I think we can all use more positivity and support. :)
  • HJOHNSON33
    HJOHNSON33 Posts: 11 Member
    I need all the support i can get. I will add you. thanks!!