I Love Food!!!

Options
So, What are your favorite low-cal meals and snacks? How about foods that are easy to take to work? i get bored with salads and sandwiches everday...I Love Food, but I need some variety in my life =)

Replies

• TnTHawkins
    TnTHawkins Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I eat steamers and 90 second meals. I also found some pasta's that I'm going to try. My diary should be open so you can look if you like. If not friend me and I will add you.

Good Luck.
  • BPayton27
    BPayton27 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I need help with this too as I am also eating low carb. For me, my favorite low carb foods are eggs, cottage cheese, green beans, carbsmaster yogurt, turkey/chicken/salmon, and carb smart almond bars lol. I have a sweet tooth and have found some store brand popsicles that also work. I need recipes too!
  • hotforcollege
    hotforcollege Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    my face low cal foods:
    twinkie (yes it's low in calories) only 120 for a whole twinkie
    17 marshmallows= 100 calories
    2 cups of popcorn= 120 calories
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    14 raw almonds=100 calories
    boiled eggs
  • AppleADayAmber
    Options
    I love air popped popcorn w/ vegan butter spread and sea salt as a quick snack
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Hummus with veggies, Light string cheese, nuts High in cal, but good for you,
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    I have a whole drawer here at work filled with food....heck, who am I kidding, my whole office has food tucked away lol

I hard boil eggs on a Sunday night and bring these into work to snack on. I do the same with quinoa and keep a tub of cooked quinoa at work so that I can just add a can of tuna, some hummus, some veges and call it lunch. I also like to cook more dinner than needed the night before and have leftovers for lunch mmmmm.
    I'm on a real bean trip at the moment, so I am loving mashed beans on toasted pita with avocado and tomato yummo!

A sample of the selection of food in my office (and the office fridge) at this moment: oats, almonds, cans of tuna, pita bread, protein powder, dates, rice crackers, cans of beans, yogurt, fruit, hardboiled eggs, avocado...

man, I have a lot of food at this place!!
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm currently loving cottage cheese mixed either with pineapple or cinnamon, Truvia, and a diced apple.
  • kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Some foods I take to work:
    Breakfast -
    Greek yogurt with fruit
    Banana and peanut butter
    Hummus and Pita
    Cereal with milk
    Wasa crispbread and Laughing Cow
    Fruit salad
    The occasional homemade Egg McMuffin (hehe)

Lunch -
    Spaghetti with Mushroom Marinara and shaved parmesan
    Homemade Chicken Salad with tart apple slices
    Low sodium ham, provolone, parmesan and italian herb sprinkle on whole grain bread, toasted in the toaster oven
    Chicken, mandarin orange and toasted almond topped salad with Asian dressing
    Cucumber, Tomato and onion with Italian dressing and feta cheese
    Homemade cold pasta salad with italian dressing and loads of fresh veg
    Grilled chicken with home-made tzaziki sauce
    Leftovers from dinner
    The occasional Lean Cuisine when I'm caught totally un-prepared
  • cupcakethefatclown
    Options
    oven roasted veggies (zuchini,yellow sqaush,onion,garlic,tomatos) with either a red sauce (then add some hamburger) or alfredo sauce (then baked a tilapia fillet and add some spinach and capers, YUM!!!) both ways a a easy yummy meal!
  • k_pickle
    k_pickle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the answers! Great ideas....I'm trying to keep on track =)
  • ADobs
    ADobs Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Fruit! My go-to snack every day is an apple (or two) and fat-free, 25% less-sodium cottage cheese with sliced peaches. Before that it was yogurt/cottage cheese. Even the Special K 90-calorie granola bars are pretty good and satisfying, although I find a lot of them are too sweet for my taste.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    raw sugar snap peas with ranch dip