New Guy

Options
Hi everyone, I have been trying to find a way to get motivated. I recently started a weight lose contest at work, this was about 6 weeks ago. We have just six weeks until our final weigh in. As a group we have lost 72 lbs but I have only lost seven pounds. In order to remain competive i need to lose at least 2 lbs per week. I have just started to excersize nightly and hope that recording my food intake will help keep me on track. Anyway, that is why I am here. I hope to post at least one or two response per day. Any advice on what I should be doing to get back into the contest would be welcome.

Dan

Replies

• dsweet10004
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have been trying to find a way to get motivated. I recently started a weight lose contest at work, this was about 6 weeks ago. We have just six weeks until our final weigh in. As a group we have lost 72 lbs but I have only lost seven pounds. In order to remain competive i need to lose at least 2 lbs per week. I have just started to excersize nightly and hope that recording my food intake will help keep me on track. Anyway, that is why I am here. I hope to post at least one or two response per day. Any advice on what I should be doing to get back into the contest would be welcome.

Dan
  • SheIsVirgo
    Options
    :smile: Welcome!

It's reallyl hard to keep a continuous loss going. One thing that is really helping me is the food diary. Make sure you drink all or more of your water!!!!!!!!

Also make sure that you go into the Tools tab so that you are actually eating the right amount of calories per day. When I started, I was told that I would be on 1200 calories per day. When I did my BMR I found that I needed 1348 instead. Once I adjusted those, I am now FINALLY seeing some weight coming off.

I try to walk as much as I can. I'm sure glad the weather is finally changing here in Oklahoma. My next step is to join a gym but because I travel so much it's hard to do that. I'm taking advantage of the hotel work out rooms when I can get into those.

Good luck. The people here are really great and have a lot of good suggestions.

Keep up the work, you can do it, we'll be here to help!

:wink:
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place. I'm fairly new too and am already addicted to this site. There is A LOT of information here, on just about every topic. There is one post that is very helpful...

Please read http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions
    for a lot more useful information.

You can search for it also. Good luck on your contest! :smile:
  • jill5677
    jill5677 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My best advice for anyone trying to lose weight is that you need to be organized. You can't ASSUME you will always make or have a healthy choice to make, so you need to make sure by packing your own lunches, snacks for throughout the day, so as to avoiding binging. If you are going out to eat, try to go online and decide what you're goign to eat before you go there. That way you can plan your calories for the rest of the day (or hit the gym if you need to get extra calories) and you avoid impulsive orders!

I also make sure to eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. That way it keeps mymetabolism going throughout the day. But this also requires planning and always having low-calorie snacks on hand and getting in enough veggies throughout the day.

If at first it's overwhelming, just recognize it will soon become a habit and not be that hard to do.

Good luck!!!!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome:smile: I am fairly new here so I am still learning everyday, The folks on here are very nice and helpful. Good luck!