Whats a good excersize DVD?

Options
So, I am going back to Oklahoma City for 4 weeks, and I was thinking: This would be a great time to try to drop some weight and maybe a size. It would be nice to be just a little thinner when I go to Arizona for Christmas. So, does anyone have any favorite or tried and true DVDs they like to use? I'd like to hear about successes and failures before I commit to buying something...

Replies

• catfisch_6
    catfisch_6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am currently in love with This Is Tae Bo. I have had it about three weeks now, and it is the only excersize DVD I've ever had that I set my alarm an hour early, just so I can do it before work. It burns a ton of calories, and it got my scale moving again. Plus it makes me feel like kicking butt, lol.

Good luck, I hope you get some great suggestions!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    My number one workout is Tae Bo.

Are you looking for cardio workouts, strength workouts or both?
  • AZackery
    Options
    I am currently in love with This Is Tae Bo. I have had it about three weeks now, and it is the only excersize DVD I've ever had that I set my alarm an hour early, just so I can do it before work. It burns a ton of calories, and it got my scale moving again. Plus it makes me feel like kicking butt, lol.

This Is Tae Bo is a good workout. Billy took the new generation back to his old Tae Bo days.
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    hi:wink:

ive been doing a couple of dvds that i have really enjoyed and had some great results with:smile:
    the first came free with the prevention magazine, its called the flat belly workout and the other is 30 day shred
    they are both circuit type workouts and you really sweat during the workout also you feel your muscles the next day.
    you do need some small handweights i have 1kg ones they cost me $9.99 for the pair from rebel sports!

also there are great stuff online, podfitness.com is pretty good:smile:

good luck
  • melvac
    melvac Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I like Body Gospel by Beachbody
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    The DVDs that I use are:
    Skinny ***** Workout
    *****cat Dolls Dancers Body Workout
    Dancercise
    30 Day Shred
    Dancing with the Stars Cardio Workout

I am probably forgetting one LOL I use so many!
  • KelliHatfield1
    Options
    If you use Netflix, they some good workout videos, I have been using Dance Off The Inches videos on there. I'm sure that you could buy them on DVD too.
  • legrangetackett
    legrangetackett Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga and The Biggest Loser Boot Camp!
  • AZackery
    Options
    If you use Netflix, they some good workout videos, I have been using Dance Off The Inches videos on there. I'm sure that you could buy them on DVD too.

You can buy Dance Off The Inches videos on Amazon. I own some. I've seen that Walmart has a Latin Party Dance Off The Inches set for $24.99. I might buy it. I already have the Sizzling Salsa already, but another dvd won't hurt.
  • KeepOnMoving
    KeepOnMoving Posts: 383 Member
    Options

I love Billy Blank's This Is Tae Bo. You can get it at some Wal-marts. I also love Jackie Warner's Power Circuits DVD. Can't stand Julian Michaels.
  • michelledruss
    michelledruss Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dalelamb
    Options
    I believe the best work out Dvd is Insanity with Shuan T. It is 2 Months long and hard as heck but its worth it.
  • Rain_Howard
    Options
    Check out youtube. You can find a ton of different options, some are just short clips but they give you an idea of what the video is like. You can also find full length ones if you look hard enough. As was said, netflix is also an option, I have quite a few videos saved on my account.

What I have found with videos is it's not what works for other people but what works for you.
  • amikad
    amikad Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I like the dance off the inches and the walk off the pounds dvds by Leslie sansone. Right now i have gone from the one mile to the five mile. I am also getting used to the jillian michaels increase metabolism burn fat dvd.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam! It burns sooooo many calories (I am 170lbs and I burn about 550-600/hr) and it's so fun, it takes 2-3 tries to get adjusted to the moves but after you do you will love more than anything. I have lost 36lbs and about 20'' from waist/hips/arms/chest in 9 weeks (I also dieted of course but nothing extreme and I ate my calories back; make sure you have a HRM to determine calories burned, MFP overestimates Turbo Jam by about 200-300 cals per hour of working out). It's a Tae-Bo mixed with bit of dancing, it's works every muscle in your body and you can make it as hard to as easy as you want on yourself.

Comes with 5 workouts +2 extra. It has 20 min Cardio Workout, 39min Sculpt (weight training), 40min Cardio Party, 20 min Ab Jam, 45min Punck-Kick-And-Jam, and Buns and Thighs workout, also a 15min Learn&Burn video:where you learn the main moves.

The instructor is fantastic, she keeps you motivated. You will love how this dvd will transform your body, you will tone beautifully but still get nice feminine definition. And the workout is actually super fun-it will make you love exercising, best workout dvd I have ever owned, and I own about 10-15 (I have tried Jillian Michaels, Billy Banks, Beachbody, etc).

You can get it for $11-18 on amazon with free 5-8day shipping:
    http://www.amazon.com/Turbo-Jam-Beachbody-Rockin-Workouts/dp/B000EZHWVQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1320635500&sr=8-1
  • Stoptheviolins
    Stoptheviolins Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I never thought of looking on Netflix!
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Billy Blanks is great! His tae bo videos and Ab Bootcamp are great workouts, burn lots of calories. I still like Turbo Jam better it's little more relaxed but at same impact. Jillian Michaels is horrid and can't stand her either!

I love Billy Blank's This Is Tae Bo. You can get it at some Wal-marts. I also love Jackie Warner's Power Circuits DVD. Can't stand Julian Michaels.