Food Scale

Options
2»

Replies

• Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I use mine all the time! I am not good at eye-balling and if I'm going to do this, I want to do it right! I just bought a new digital "Biggest Loser" scale and I love it! (I was using an old fashioned postage scale that I'm sure wasn't very accurate). They are not that expensive and worth every penny. Mine will weigh in oz. or grams.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    There are definitely times I know I need one.... For now I'm ok wth measuring cups, but I figure when I get closer to my goal it may become a necessity!
  • Ddietzz
    Ddietzz Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You have to get one !!! Got mine at Target - about $25, After using it i can tell you this
    1. Make sure it measures in grams and ounces
    2. Make sure it can be zero'ed out - I use this feature all the time
    If you want to weigh a chicken breast put your plate on the scale - zero it - put your chicken on it - zero it again - put your veggies on it, etc.... BEST FEATURE !!!!
    3. The only thing i would like to have on it would be if it were back lit, sometimes the plate covers the numbers making it harder to read.

Look at it this way... I thought that when i bought a package of precooked chicken breast from Sams Club it said serving size 3oz they all looked pretty close to the same size, after getting the scale, they are all different and none are 3oz.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Yes, I just started. It is very illuminating.
  • ZennzayK
    Options
    I use it all the time - I have had a love/hate relationship with it over the years. Now I just find it embarrassing to use when I'm at work... I'm constantly trying to hide it when co-workers walk into the kitchen... I don't want to seem TOO obsessive...
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Got one recently and I love it. I've found a complete mix. Some foods I was over estimating, other I was under estimating and some I as doing a really good job of estimating.
  • michelledruss
    michelledruss Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use my food scale all the time. I used to think three ounces of meat is so much more that it actually is. Now I can eyeball portions better. But sometimes when I am out to eat I wish I had it with me and then remember how stupid I would look weighing my food at a restaurant.
  • sinilau
    Options
    Man, I feel like an idiot. I have a nice digital food scale sitting in my cupboard gathering dust as we speak. I am going to pull that thing out and start using it! Thanks!