calling all 40 pound losers!

Options
Hey successful people! I'm needing some motivation here, I'm currently at 21-ish pounds lost (about half way) to my goal weight. I'm having problems staying completely motivated food-wise and would very much appreciate some pictures of those of you who have had a goal to lose 40 lbs and reached it. I know I'm about half way there, but I feel so far from my goal when these past few weeks I feel the weight loss has slowed.

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40+ but just realized I don't have any "before" pictures on here :)

But...it's totally doable. It took me about 5 months.
  • annadilynn
    Options
    I started my diet on Jan. 4th of 2011. I knew I needed to lose weight, but the real motivator was my sons wedding pictures...OMG...why didn't anyone tell me how big I had gotten....well lots of exercise and watching what i have eaten has paid off...I have lost 72 pounds ...THE RIGHT WAY...no purchased foods or shakes....just knowing what I am putting in my body and exercise :0) ...if I can do it YOU CAN TOO!!
  • robinaddison
    robinaddison Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP at the end of January - my weight loss has been slow and slower, but as of this week I've lost 41 pounds since joining; 57 since starting. I don't really have any before pictures - at that time I did all I could to stay OUT of the shot!! Believe me - there were plenty of days I thought I'd never see the end of the road, but there it is....in the distance still, but I can see it finally!!
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Options
    I'm 5'7", started this process at 180.6 and am now around 135 - so very similar numbers you have posted. Honestly, I didn't feel like there was a much of a difference in my body for the first 25 pounds.....and no one seemed to notice. I dropped another 15 and EVERYONE started noticing and my clothing sizes dropped big time! I am now a size 4 (I don't EVER remember being smaller than an 8). It actually took me a full year to get the full 45 pounds off (a little on and off dieting was involved). You can see my pics on my blog:

http://gettingitbacktogether.blogspot.com/2010/03/new-pictures.html
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!