New and looking for support

Options
hello everyone. I am 34 years old and over the past year have lost about 60lbs but having a really hard time losing the last 35-40lbs. I have a goal to run a 5K this spring but am not a runner at all. I did start a C25K this week and hoping this helps. I would love to know what you all do for exercise at home. I really don't have time to go to the gym but would love to do things at home.

Replies

• stephnycmom
    Options
    Welcome...

I am trying the Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis. It's a great package that has 3 months worth of exercises for 99.00. And, when you are through, you can start the dvds al over again. My friend just lost 20 lbs using these at home.

Also, I attend a few fitness classes and "record" them on my phone so I have them for the week when I need to do things in a quick pinch at home.

Zumba dancing at home is also a great workout.
  • bones24
    bones24 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Good for you on the 60lbs, that's awesome! I am also hoping to run a 5K sometime within the next 3-6 months. I started running (more like jogging) in Sept 11', just adding a little bit of distance each week, similar to C25K, just didn't know it existed until this week, up to about 2 miles, I think. It's gotten to be addicting for me, I enjoy it a lot, and it really doesn't take much time at all. I'm tempted to give up my home workouts and go all-out running, but I need to build muscle too. I do Jillian Michael's 30-day shred, seems like a lot of people do on here. I really like it, because they are only 20-30 minute workouts. I can't stand to work out for hours! Going to try her 30-day burn next. Wii Fit can also be good, if you use it. I got a little bored with it. Best to you! Add me if you want!
  • apeecaleb
    apeecaleb Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I have only been doing this for a month and it has already changed my life! I like to run and walk outside but as you said it's hard to get out sometimes. I love doing pilates and step aeorbics at home, it gives me the choice of taking it easy one day or pumping it up another. My husband and I also started the Insanity workout but only lasted a month, it was a little intense, but it is a great workout if your up for it. Good luck on your weight loss!