Protein???

Options
I am always over in protein and under in calories and fat!! I ate 2 eggs for breakfast, salmon and brocolli for lunch and a Lean Cuisine panini with salad for dinner. I am over by 35 points in protein. Is that okay? Why is the protein set so low? Isn't it better to be low in fat and calories. Thanks for any advice!!

Replies

• zippitydo
    zippitydo Posts: 62
    Options
    I am always over in protein and under in calories and fat!! I ate 2 eggs for breakfast, salmon and brocolli for lunch and a Lean Cuisine panini with salad for dinner. I am over by 35 points in protein. Is that okay? Why is the protein set so low? Isn't it better to be low in fat and calories. Thanks for any advice!!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    MFP is on the low end for protein

I ignore it

you can modify it towards reality by customizing your goals
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Yea dat is true Protein is good for you either way esp. working out, I dont ming goin over in protein so dont get to alarm:happy:

181273.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • jeanettevallance
    Options
    I am not sure how they get that count. It is probably generic, or same for everyone. Years ago I did the 6 week body makeover that tells you exactly how much protein you should eat for your specific body type. This site tells me I am over as well, when I know i am not for my body.
    I have listened to what I learned and when I am on track, I lose and stay where I should be. If I cut back on my protein or food intake, I start to gain again.
    Just my experience.:smile: