Replies

• Teena413
    Teena413 Posts: 7
    Options
    Which salad dressing do you use?
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I opt for the lite or low fat, it has less sugar, I also like to make my own.

It is incredibly easy to make your own salad dressing. You need:
    •Oil
    •Vinegar or lemon juice
    •Salt and Pepper
    •Optional: Herbs, spices, fruit, other flavorings, mustard (mustard actually helps hold it together so it doesn't separate as easily.)

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lowcarbsalads/Low_Carb_Salads_and_Salad_Dressing_Recipes.htm
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Alessi extra virgin olive oil with balsamic vinegar. I like 3parts oil to one part vinegar. I mix it up in a small bottle and just shake it up before I want to use it. It's really the only one I use. If I'm out I use something else but this is my favorite.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I actually don't eat salad that often, weird, I know, I just don't love it. But when I do have it I like the President's Choice Blue Menu selection- right now I've got their honey dijon, ceaser and italian in the fridge.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I still eat Ranch. Good old, calorie laden, home made Ranch. *drool*
    I just don't eat nearly as much as I use to. Portion control!!
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I like Kraft Free Catalina (50 calories per serving) and Kraft Free Zesty Italian (15 calories per serving).
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I like Kraft Raspberry Vinegrette Light.
  • mlmanney
    mlmanney Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I love the creamy bolthouse dressings that are made with yogurt. they have a creamy italian and the best IMHO is the honey mustard.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,970 Member
    Options
    Newman's Own spray Asian Sesame ----one calorie per spray---seven sprays is enough for me my regular salad:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Newman's Own spray Asian Sesame ----one calorie per spray---seven sprays is enough for me my regular salad:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

WOW.:indifferent:
    Seven sprays for a salad? That is impressive!!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Walden Farms makes calorie free, fat free, carb free, sugar free dressing. Of course, all of my friends say "yea, it's probably taste free too!" :laugh: but it's actually good. Of course in a taste test, you'd probably be able to tell the difference between Walden Farms and the real deal, but I love it... especially for cooking with.
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I used to love Ranch and French, but couldn't justify the calories. Now I have 2 new favorite salad dressings: Kraft Roasted Red Pepper Itallian with Parmesan(40 cals in 2 Tbsp), and Wish Bone Bountifuls Tuscan Romano Basil (25 cals in 2 Tbsp, and this one has actual chunks of tomato in it...yum!)
  • Teena413
    Teena413 Posts: 7
    Options
    Thank you for all the good ideas... I really appreciate it. :happy:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I use the Hidden Valley Ranch packet and make my own at home. It taste WAY better than the bottled kinds and I can control what type of mayo and milk goes into it so it's actually not that bad for you.
  • IUChelle423
    IUChelle423 Posts: 197
    Options
    I really like the Trader Joe's Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Ken's Creamy Caesar. I think it's the best store bought Caesar dressing I have found.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I love, love, love the Kraft Light Asian Toasted Sesame dressing. Soo yummy and 4 TBSPs has only 120 calories.
  • magnolia1077
    Options
    I use Wishbone Salad Spritzers. I have every one they make. It's very good to my surprise and only 1 calorie per spray. I was worried about salad dressing because I'm a ranch girl and they have a ranch flavor that is good. I also use it in place of mayo (another big thing for me) in sandwiches and wraps.
  • YogaBooty
    YogaBooty Posts: 52
    Options
    I use spicy salsa instead of dressing, yummmmm