what do you usually eat for breakfast when your on the go?

Options
need some ideas :)

Replies

• kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Probably the easiest thing possible, at least for me, is a protein bar. Zone bars range from about 190-210 and are a quick, filling breakfast. Special K Meal bars are less in calories, cheaper, but have more sugar. I usually grab whichever one is in the house and dart out the door.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Probably a shake with milk and whey protein
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    need some ideas :)

Two hard-boiled eggs, a banana and some roasted unsalted almonds. Fills me up until well into the afternoon. :)
  • yoyoallik
    Options
    green tea, berries with yogurt or some fruit salad with yogurt or something. my breakfast is usually around 300-450 calories;)
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    when I'm really in a hurry I'll grab a protein bar and a string cheese...but I am one of those people that doesn't function without breakfast, so I usually make the time for Quaker oatmeal with a banana and peanut butter, or cinnamon and sugar, or a bowl of cold cereal and skim milk and fruit.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I have a box of Snackwell protein bars. (Which is kind of a joke because they only have 8g of protein.)
  • toniRAD
    toniRAD Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Any type of fruit. :) Or a serving of an organic cereal without the milk.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Granola bar or toast... Slim fast shakes are nice or their bars as well as Special K's stuff!
  • luvlite2
    Options
    breakfast quiche...like an omlett on the go. I make them in a muffin pan on Sunday night, bag them up two at a time and pop them in the microwave for 30 seconds on the way out the door. Works great for me.
  • slimkitty
    Options
    Fruit and string cheese. Very portable and instant.
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I just re-stocked up on Chobani Plain Greek Yogurt I believe it's a 6oz small container...18 grams of protein in 100 calories? Yes please. Sorry Yoplait, our relationship has to end. You're sweet but it's 20 grams of sugar too sweet. 7 grams in Chobani for the win!
  • Gengenbach
    Options
    I try to keep hardboiled eggs in the fridge. Great to grab on the run.
  • jwelch7290
    jwelch7290 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    For me, when I'm running to class, I usually grab a granola bar, not necessarily the healthiest but fills me up enough to focus in a few hours of classes...I always drink a good amount of water with it too.
  • razorspells
    Options
    The immortal and never ending OATMEAL lol :laugh:
  • LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I take a styrofoam cup and put two servings of Kellogg's All Bran Buds and Greek blueberry on the bottom yogurt and mix it up.. it travels well in the car, doesn't spill, has lots of fiber and protein.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    My go-to breakfast is a protein bar and a banana. I usually have a Zone or a Clif Builder Bar around 8-ish then resort to my banana around 10:30. I guess that would be breakfast and a mid-morning snack, but it works for me!

My trainer told me to have protein in the morning and to steer away from really sugary fruits first thing. That's why I typically have a protein bar and wait a little longer to have the banana.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Frosted mini-wheats (dry) make a great easy snack or breakfast. I put some in a sandwich bag and go. Pop 'em at your convenience. 10 of them (1/2 cup) are 95 calories.
  • melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Instant organic oatmeal, or special K with unsweetened almond milk.
  • yellowstone83
    Options
    Muscle Milk. Light, contains no milk 20 grams of protein, fills you up and gets the metabolism up. 150 calories. comes with a straw.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Fiber one bars, fruit. . celery and peanut butter.