• inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    Bump ... please add me!!

adding you now :)
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    I included both of these recipes in my next meal plan.

I'm making the lentil soup on Tuesday and the risotto on Saturday :)
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Do you make both or just one?
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Do you make both or just one?

Whatever you want to do :)
  • Scarl3tt
    Options
    I'd love to join!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Adding you now :)
  • Jamicach
    Jamicach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i woulld really like to join
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Bump. Please add me.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Adding the two new people :)
  • barbi1281
    Options
    Please add me. I've recently started modifying regular recipes and they're so yummy! Would love to do this!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    Please add me. I've recently started modifying regular recipes and they're so yummy! Would love to do this!

Adding :)
  • stefnicole
    Options
    I'm making the risotto tonight!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/387942-recipe-swap-week-8

I'm making the lentil soup tonight by the way!
  • kashmirkat
    kashmirkat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Every time I plan to make something on here, life (or hubby!) changes my plans! I swear I am going to make that lentil soup! :) I love lentils but have never used the red kind (though I have a bag! lol) I don't think my hubby will eat it, but that's ok, I love to freeze soup in single servings for my lunches :) I haven't had kale in years; for some reason it intimidates me, even though my mother used to make it growing up... Must get over that!

The mushroom risotto sound awesome too! Wonder if I have time to try it before Thanksgiving as a possible dish to take to my sisters... :)

Thanks for the recipes! :)
  • pixiechick8321
    pixiechick8321 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the DH thing! Mine is making fantastic meals for my birthday week - but that means no room for any of these yummy foods!!

I plan on making the soup this weekend and also freezing it for individual lunches, it sounds like it'll be great for that!

The risotto is a perfect dish to take for a thanksgiving, it is so rich and creamy (the cream comes from the rice starch, you don't need to add any cream and the cheese is just for taste). You can add other stuff to bulk it up, or just the mushrooms. It does take about 45 minutes to cook, but it stays well for about 4 days in the fridge if necessary, although we usually eat it within 48 hours of being made! Don't freeze it if you add the cheese, but without the cheese, you can freeze it and then add the cheese when reheating.
  • vrcochran
    Options
    hi i'm new to this site. would love to try some new reciepes.any favorites that someone wants to share.
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    I made the lentil soup tonight!

IMG_6508.jpg

It was seriously delicious. I made spinach pinwheels on the side, which essentially are low-fat crescent rolls, Laughing Cow cheese, and spinach.

And now back to my homework!
  • inskydiamonds
    Options
    I just got the rice today to make the risotto this week!
  • kashmirkat
    kashmirkat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I hear you on the DH thing! Mine is making fantastic meals for my birthday week - but that means no room for any of these yummy foods!!

I plan on making the soup this weekend and also freezing it for individual lunches, it sounds like it'll be great for that!

The risotto is a perfect dish to take for a thanksgiving, it is so rich and creamy (the cream comes from the rice starch, you don't need to add any cream and the cheese is just for taste). You can add other stuff to bulk it up, or just the mushrooms. It does take about 45 minutes to cook, but it stays well for about 4 days in the fridge if necessary, although we usually eat it within 48 hours of being made! Don't freeze it if you add the cheese, but without the cheese, you can freeze it and then add the cheese when reheating.

I love freezing soup for lunches - just had my last bowl of chicken tortilla soup yesterday for lunch and we had chicken leek soup w/ barley and lentils from the freezer stash for dinner :) I was planning to make the lentil soup today, but forgot the tomatoes :o Maybe I'll send my daughter out for them!
  • l00zrr
    l00zrr Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I want to join, but won't have the money to buy these foods for another couple weeks when I get my first paycheck!
    Awesome thread idea though o: