BELLY QUESTION. . .

Options
HELLO ALL!! SOOO BRIEFLY... I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A LITTLE OVER WEIGHT (NOT SLOPPY, I CARRY IT WELL, BUT INDEED OVERWEIGHT) ABOUT 6 YRS AGO I WAS 220 LBS... WITH WORKING OUT AND EATING RIGHT, I GOT DOWN TO 150...I INDEED COULD HAVE LOST MORE BUT I WAS SO PROUD AT THE TIME I DIDNT REALLY KEEP TRYING...

SO, I STILL KIND OF HAD A LITTLE PUDGE/CREASE THAT COVERED MY BELLY BUTTON... OVER THE YEARS I HAVE GAINED 35 LBS BACK, I AM NOW 185 (NOT EMBARRASED TO SPEAK ON, I JUST KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO GET THIS DAMN WEIGHT OFF AGAIN! LOL) BUT I HAVE THE CREASE THINGY THING OF COURSE.

I AM JUST WONDERING WILL IT EVER GO AWAY IF I MAKE IT UNDER 150 AGAIN... WILL IT TIGHTEN UP AND WILL I EVER HAVE A 'FLAT' STOMACH OR AM I ALWAYS GNA HAVE THIS LITTLE CREASE LOOKING **** LOL... I KNOW I WASNT SUPER HUGE SO IMHOPING IT WILL GO AWAY! HAVE ANY OF U HAD THIS PROBLEM AND SEEN IT GO AWAY!?!?!

WOULD LOVE TO HEAR EVERONES FEEDBACK, TIPS OR SUGGESTIONS!! THANK YOU MUCH!! =)

(YES I WORK OUT ON A REGUALR, SOMETIMES MORE OFTEN THAN OTHERS BUT RIGHT NOW IS MOST DEF A TIME WHERE I AM WORKING OUT HARD AND STAYING STRICT ON MY FOOD INTAKE. I KNOW THE CREASE WONT GO AWAY ON ITS OWN LOL)

Replies

• McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Hey. It's really hard to read all caps. Retype it in proper case and I'll give it a go. :):drinker:
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    Hey. It's really hard to read all caps. Retype it in proper case and I'll give it a go. :):drinker:

I doubt she is going to do that just to get your opinion. There are probably about 120,000 people on here willing to read the caps and help her out. I am sure she is grateful for your insightful reply though!
  • randa_behnam
    randa_behnam Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    It should do if you are losing weight at a correct speed and toning at the same time. make sure you are doing the right exercises, if in doubt, speak to a professional.

Also eating the right foods will have a very significant effect on the belly shape, just by cutting down on fatty/sugary/bad carby foods you should see changes!
  • sammybeckham
    Options
    What the problem with caps?, good job your handwriting is not checked
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options

I doubt she is going to do that just to get your opinion. There are probably about 120,000 people on here willing to read the caps and help her out. I am sure she is grateful for your insightful reply though!

Geez. I'm just trying to give her some forum etiquette. Sheesh.
  • mommajdawg
    mommajdawg Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    :glasses: Use the glasses to help you read the BELLY QUESTION
  • asaba1013
    Options
    LOL, i am sorry about the caps!!!! i write in all caps with pen and i tend to type in all caps! sorry sorry!!!... thanks for the feedback thus far!!! hopefully this creasy crease will vanish over time!!!
  • asaba1013
    Options
    lol @ forum ettiquette! I TEND TO DO THINGS THE REBEL WAY ;) jk
  • If you want a flat stomach, its not all about losing weight, but more about toning your muscles.
    So, if your looking to flatten your tummy, try to focus on toning exercises.

(:
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    When you say "crease" in your stomach, I am guessing that you mean something similar to what I have dealt with in the past. It almost looked like a dark tan line across the belly button around the gut...and it was actually where my upper "roll" folded over my lower belly roll, lol.

When I lost weight, I made sure to do weight training exercises to keep my muscles firm the whole time. I can tell you that over time, it became less visible. When I lost weight, my posture improved as well, and while the fat rolls were getting smaller, they no longer "folded" on top of one another creating a weird crease.

Now if what your crease isn't like what I was talking about, then you just had an interesting laugh at my ol' jello rolls, haha.
  • asaba1013
    Options
    When you say "crease" in your stomach, I am guessing that you mean something similar to what I have dealt with in the past. It almost looked like a dark tan line across the belly button around the gut...and it was actually where my upper "roll" folded over my lower belly roll, lol.

When I lost weight, I made sure to do weight training exercises to keep my muscles firm the whole time. I can tell you that over time, it became less visible. When I lost weight, my posture improved as well, and while the fat rolls were getting smaller, they no longer "folded" on top of one another creating a weird crease.

Now if what your crease isn't like what I was talking about, then you just had an interesting laugh at my ol' jello rolls, haha.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! and yes, that is exactly what im talking about!!! so i wont have a chubby looking back forever either?!?! lol... ive been making sure to build up my stomach muscle, being that i obviously have no muscle there right now lol!!!!
  • melzteach
    melzteach Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    It has the potential to go away but you should come to terms with the chance that it might not. To get rid of "the pooch" you need to do strength/resistance training to build muscle and lots of fat-burning cardio to get rid of the fat that's covering up an amazing midsection! Skin has a lot of elasticity so it will take time to go back to "normal". However as you age you'll lose elasticity and going back to normal might not be attainable. Just liek if you've had a c-section or addominal surgery. You'll likely always have a little "pooch" but the more fat you lose and muscle you burn, the smaller the pooch should be.
    Of course that's what I'm seeing and hopinfg for!
  • asaba1013
    Options
    It has the potential to go away but you should come to terms with the chance that it might not. To get rid of "the pooch" you need to do strength/resistance training to build muscle and lots of fat-burning cardio to get rid of the fat that's covering up an amazing midsection! Skin has a lot of elasticity so it will take time to go back to "normal". However as you age you'll lose elasticity and going back to normal might not be attainable. Just liek if you've had a c-section or addominal surgery. You'll likely always have a little "pooch" but the more fat you lose and muscle you burn, the smaller the pooch should be.
    Of course that's what I'm seeing and hopinfg for!

your very right!!! im hoping for the best being i havent had any kids and im only 24.. -fingers crossed tightly!!- thank you for the advice!