Sauna or steam room?

Options
Hi Guys,

Is there any benefit of going in the sauna/steam room after a workout? I mean i dont believe it helps to loose weight or tone up but does it benefit your skin in anyway or such like?

Replies

• Rain_Howard
    Options
    I'm sure you'll get a lot of opinions. All I know is it feels good and helps my muscles not ache and joints not ache so much. I don't think it has a negative effect, unless you stay in it for an hour. Being as the heat and moisture cause your pores to open it probably is good for the skin.
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I do both, not sure about all the benefits but I have baby soft and clear skin so I do believe it helps in some way.
  • JRhinoC
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Is there any benefit of going in the sauna/steam room after a workout? I mean i dont believe it helps to loose weight or tone up but does it benefit your skin in anyway or such like?

If you find it relaxing, then yes. Personally, I prefer a dry sauna, but that's up to you.

There's been arguments as to whether or not it will help detox your system, but if you're hydrating properly, your body should be sufficiently detoxing itself.
  • jsbegley64
    Options
    I think it helps open the pores and fl;ush out toxins. I also feel my sinuses get a good cleaning... probably not true but it sure feels like it. I also like the way it relaxes me, fifteen minutes after a good workout and I am ready for the rest of my day.

look here for some great info

http://www.worldfitness.org/steam_bath_sauna.html
  • lh12xx
    lh12xx Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love the steam room, I feel so cleared-out after it. Not a huge fan of the sauna though.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I do both, not sure about all the benefits but I have baby soft and clear skin so I do believe it helps in some way.

same here! absolutely love it :D
    Plus its like 25 degrees.. love it in the winter! :]