Thought I would share...

Options
Hi,

I'm new here and have been logging since the start of September. I read these forums daily and some of the stories have been truly remarkable! (I've also picked up quite a few tips) Well done to those people :D

Anyway, although I've only been logging for two months, I started dieting at the beginning of July. I moved to a new area while I was pregnant 4 years ago and the isolation and loneliness meant the weight crept on. I'm not sure exactly how much I weighed at the start of July, my estimate based on the wii is about 17 1/2 stone (246lbs). I had a very bad night sleep and woke next morning saying "That's it, it's time"

Since then I've worked so hard, not had any lapses and found a routine that works for me. Today I'm down to 194lbs, still a very long way to go but it's definately working! I started Couch to 5k about 10 weeks ago and took things slowly, now I'm on week 7 and so far so good still going strong! I also do a 30 minutes pilates routine daily and can feel muscles all over lol.

I don't have a before pic as I avoided cameras when I was bigger. I do have a pic of me with my old jeans though. I'm going to attempt to try and get it on here in a minute. Just wanted to tell someone :)

DSCF3102.jpg

Replies

• ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the C25K! U are almost done!
  • triciawebb78
    triciawebb78 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • TwinMumCork
    TwinMumCork Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Wow excellent work. You are an inspiration to the rest of use now. :happy:
  • InTenn
    InTenn Posts: 99
    Options
    Fabulous success! Congrats on that.

Question: Does the Wii on that side of the pond weigh you in stones? :)
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    Well done and congratulations on your loss so far!!! Make sure you take some photos now so you at least have "during" pictures.
  • siren1974
    Options
    Lol, I've tried adding the pic but it's having none of it. Can anyone help?
  • CharleeA
    Options
    Wow!! fantstic insperation to a newbie like me :) keep up the fantastic work youre doing AMAZING! x
  • Gdzgal771
    Gdzgal771 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    stories like yours are not only a blessing to know so we can be happy with/for you :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: but also a real

inspiration :heart: :heart: that weight loss CAN :bigsmile: :bigsmile: be accomplished..

THANKS FOR SHARING!!! WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • siren1974
    Options
    Fabulous success! Congrats on that.

Question: Does the Wii on that side of the pond weigh you in stones? :)

Yes it does :D
  • Manysongs
    Options
    Wow Congratulation!! Great job!
  • Congrats! You are doing an amazing job!!!
  • CLee633
    CLee633 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! You have definitely motivated me!!!
  • siren1974
    Options
    Thanks all. Still trying to make the pic work :/
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Good job Siren!! Im so proud of you!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Good for you. :flowerforyou:
  • Falisha13
    Falisha13 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are doing an amazing job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!