wii dance exercise

Options
Ok so you can burn a hell of a lot of cals doing this especially if you realise when u turn your sweat points to cals... any one else do this for exercise and how do you calculate your cals

Replies

• LoserMom_3
    Options
    do you play just dance? thats what i have, just dance 2.. im going to log it as dancing i guess...
  • manenina
    Options
    Hi! I'm using dance dance revolution for wii and I believe it's great! It has a built in calorie counter and that's what I use. I really start sweating super fast. I try to burn 600 calories at a time (I don't play every day though...) and I think it's super fun :-) I feel really tired when I finish. Which one are you using?
  • MrsPeavley
    MrsPeavley Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    on Zumb for the wii I use Zumba calculator and on Golds gym dance cardio It counts my cals based on my height weight and the moves that I get right which is usually pretty close to the calories that I get counting it as generla dance on MFP. :smile:
  • Yorkshirelass2
    Options
    I have the dance revolution and i do about three days worth of dancing on it a day lol it's just fun. So i havent done it in a long time due to sickness and i am going to start up again today. just wondering if any one else had a high calorie burn from it or wheather i am just over doing it . I also sometimes throw an elliptical session in there also or treadmill. Also how are you calculating your burn cals you know sweat points into cals. I want to know that i am doing it right and not calculating wrong
  • Malissas
    Malissas Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm using just dance 3 at the moment and zumba on the wii. I have just dance 2 but haven't played it yet. I play sweat mode for about 30 - 40 minutes (2 hours once!) depending on how much time I have available. I enter it as dancing general abotu 230 cals from memory.
    I'm considering buying a hrm, bodybugg, bodymedia fit or fitbit gadget thingie that will tell me what calories ive burnt.
    I find it as intense as jillians 30 day shred, I might wear weights on my wrists and ankles if/when it gets easy.
    But it is a lot of fun so far :)
  • ivey22
    Options
    I do wii Zumba everyday for 30 mins and I usual burn 350 cals. On the Zumba site there is a calculator that counts it for you
  • Yorkshirelass2
    Options
    Yeh i tried the zumba not on the wii though and it just wasn't for me i have no co ordination wot so eva lol. I have the dance two i just did the 2167 sweat points which turns out to be around 515 cals .. so yay me lol may throw in the elliptical later but will have to see how i am feeling, don't want to push it too far so soon,