Meeting my first goal!

Options
Hello all,

This morning at my weigh-in I lost 3.6 pounds last week. This means I've met my first goal - I'm now back down to the weight I was when I got married 3 years ago. I'm going in 20lb increments, that way I don't feel overwhelmed by my big number... my next goal is to weigh what I did when I graduated from college (which is 33lbs less than now).

I've noticed:
It's easier to move and I don't run out of breath.
I have more energy
Picking food items is not that hard anymore.
My husband is becoming more understanding.
I'm finding soda-type drinks to be really gross.
Too many refined carbs (pasta, bread, etc) make me feel sluggish.
I'm starting to want to work out more (I try for at least twice a week)
My pants are starting to get too big and I need to learn how to alter them. (I'm not buying new pants until after the first of the year).
I can fit into a size smaller top and a size smaller pants w/only 20lbs down.

Best of all - I'm proud of myself. 20lbs in 55 days and it's not felt like a struggle. Every Monday I look forward to the scale. I don't want to splurge - I want to stay diligent.

Something is different this time... :)

Replies

• Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful! Congratulations to you! It's amazing the difference that just 20 pounds can make, isn't it? Keep up the fantastic work!
  • julieban1
    julieban1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well done, you! Congratulations on your accomplishment!
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're smart to take it in chunks and not feel overwhelmed by a large goal. When we think of any project in small bites, we can easily do it. If we think of them in large, difficult, overwhelming jobs, we often never reach the goal. I don't have much to lose. Thank goodness. But I still think of my weight loss in five pound goals.
  • CLee633
    CLee633 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    wwwhooohooooooo
  • ScullyKel
    Options
    That's so great! Keep it up :) You are inspiring me this morning.
  • FitnessDivaK
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!! That is awesome...you're on your way!!!
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    It's you that is different this time....Congratulations for that more than anything!!
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    THATS AWESOME!!! You are such an inspiration to all of us!! I know you will reach your next goal in no time. Good luck!
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! That is awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!