Another Newbie - Re-Motivated

Options
Hi, I'm Jocelyn and I live in New Brunswick, Canada. I started Weight Watchers for the 3rd time in January and I have been successful in losing 37lbs until now. The problem is I am bored with it. I am tired of carrying around all the materials and I feel I am at this point throwing away my money because it no longer motivates me.

I have a good friend who uses myfitnesspal and she suggested I give it a try. Firstly, I love it. It is a great tracker and it's on my ANDROID! Thank you myfitnesspal for that! Much easier for me to keep track of my day as my phone is always at hand.

Ultimately at my ideal weight I would still like to lose 50 more lbs. BUT I am doing baby steps, first thing is first - get the 3 off - to make an even 40lbs, then the next 10 and so on!

I look forward to getting to know some of you as we work on our journey!

Replies

• Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss so far! Its really hard to stay motivated. Thats why I love MFP because I don't deny myself anything...but seeing how many calories I ate is my inspiration for making healthier choices. I love the social aspect of this because my "friends" help keep me motivated. I love logging on and seeing people who have told me "good job" or "keep up the good work". Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • catshanle
    catshanle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm loving MFP also. This is my first week. I found this site in March but had health issues to deal with. These issues gave me an excuse not to diet and exercise. This time, no excuses are good enough. :blushing: This time, I will make my journey with all the friends I have met here. :bigsmile:
  • nicbeavis10
    Options
    firstly, well done with the weight loss. I joined WW last year, and lost 22lbs. However, I lost all motivation unfortunately and put the weight back on. I re-joined when it changed to pro-points but this completely confused me. I am hoping this site is going to help me, feel free to add me and we can help each other as much as possible. x
  • phocid
    phocid Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I'm a former Weight Watcher as well. I think overall, it's a great program, but I wanted to track calories and other things that are "publicly available" without the overlay of some proprietary system that they seem to tweak and mess with each and every year.

MFP has been fun, and frankly, painless.

Hope you enjoy it as well.