Here I go again!

Options
Well after stopping and starting on this site I have decided to give it another go....I've never been great at sticking to things! :)

I've got a big work's do on Saturday night, a fancy ball and I tried my dress on yesterday, just in case, and lo and behold it did not fit :( que me rushing into town and investing in a pair of Spanx which work but I'm just not 100% comfortable. I honestly could have cried :(

I'm fine with the breakfast and the lunches, snacks etc but it's when it comes to dinner that I get stuck. I can be a bit of a fussy eater i.e. I'm not keen on a lot of veg (mostly only carrot, peas and turnip) so I'm looking for peeps who can advise me on meals if possible?

Here's hoping I can lose a little this week and fit more comfortably into my dress.

Lisa x

Replies

• mtbke5
    mtbke5 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    The thing that has worked for me is planning what I'm going to eat for the day. So if you are good for most of the day, plan what you are going to have for dinner, make it and put the rest away for another time. You are not going to loe a lot of weight by this weekend, but there are a few things you can do to help beat the bloat and water gain.
    Stay away from starchy foods (pastas, breads, etc) drink tons of water and stay away from processed foods which have lots of sodium.

Good luck!
  • GuildfordGirl
    Options
    The trick is to get your veges sneakily. Try mixing swede with potato, start with a little and slowly build up. Put your veges into wraps with your protein. Look for different ways to cook them to adjust the flavour to something more palettable. Find out how to cook them the best way. Try Jamie Oliver (without all the oil!!). Find a vegetarin friend and get them to cook you something they like. I am going to try carrot in smoothies. I've heard its nice but I haven't got to trying it yet. And if I don't like it, the dog can have it!!
  • luv2runsgf
    Options
    You can do it Lisa! For quick weight loss (for a do like on Saturday) low-carb usually works well. Lean protein and salads for lunch and dinner and eggs for breakfast. It is a little tiresome for long-term but you can do anything for a week.
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I tend to chop a lot of veggies: carrots, courgette, cellery and mix it with fish or prawns/ seafood. Then I just put everything in a tray in the over.
    Done! Quick and very good for you. You can do the same with chicken, although chicken does leave juices. I reccomend that you do it in separate tray.
    I hope you will try it.
  • diablohoney
    Options
    Thank you all! :) I will try all suggestions!!