Pizza!!!

Options
Hey! I've been on the sight for about a week now and love it. I love football, go Pats, and always eat pizza on Sundays while watching the game. This is my cheat day. This past Sunday I got a personal pan pizza, 3 bread sticks and a med fruit punch and consumed 1, 400+ cals in one sitting!!!!! :sad: How can this be???:noway: I love pizza and have limited myself to once a week during football season but this sure does make the rest of the season hard as I would normally, eat pizza fall asleep, wake up and eat more pizza! Just needed to share. I did lose 2 pounds my first week. This has been really helpful. I am great during the week and terrible on the weekend. I just need to get this site on my phone it is a little cumbersome to have to go to my computer all the time to log stuff. Ok, thanks for listening even if no one is there. :)

Replies

• Felbsies
    Felbsies Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love pizza too (not so much the pats, go browns!). I haven't given it up. I used to eat 1/2 a frozen pizza in one sitting. Then I read that one of those pizzas is supposed to have 5 servings. So now, I just cut it into those servings and eat it throughout out the week. I add in fruit and salad to fill me up without eating 1000s of calories in one meal. Good luck!
  • Pooj_K
    Pooj_K Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Its the same story with me! I tend to be very good during the week and I screw up during the weekend! I've resolved to get a grip! I've decided not to spend a single penny on junk this week.
  • Jones4177
    Options
    When I eat pizza, I normally get a individual from Donatos. Thin and only like 8 pieces which is probably about 1 piece from another pizza place. And just so you know, although we stink this year....I'm a Colts fan all the way.
  • alhoward8
    Options
    I love pizza too!!!

I haven't ordered a delivery pizza since I started, but I eat it a few times a week. :) How? I go to the freezer section of the grocery store and get individual pizzas (thin crust) or if I want to splurge a little I found a store brand (Meijer in case you have those around you) that will let me have the ENTIRE 12" pizza for 850-900 calories.

The trick is to get the thinnest crust you can find. These pizzas are usually light on cheese which also helps with the calories. Good luck!
  • jedi9393
    jedi9393 Posts: 121
    Options
    a good pizza alternative is a low carb tortilla, mozzarella cheese and whatever topings you wish, oh yeah and sauce. I put all my toppings on the tortilla and get a large skillet, add some butter and "cook" the pizza until everything is melted. Its a wonderful crispy thin crust pizza! Dont feel too bad though. Go packers!!!!!!!!!!
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You could alwasy try a Lean Cuisine pizza. They taste great and can satisfy your pizza craving with alot less calories.
  • ashleydeane
    ashleydeane Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do so well on the week days and totally mess up on the weekends too! when my skinny mini hubby is home and can eat what ever he would like ... i tend to join him :( but atleast i have still lost.
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi

I too love pizza - in the UK Pizza Hut do a low fat pizza (under 500 calories - we try and eat there once a week - really keeps pizza craving in check)

FaIling that this is a recipie i use - note it serves 4 but half the pizza works out to just over 600 calories so not too bad if you fins a friend to share with

Quick four cheese pizza
    Nutritional Info
    Serves4
    Fat per serving3.60%
    Calories per serving322KCalIngredients
    1 medium onion, peeled and cut into quarters
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    300g tomato passata
    pinch Italian seasoning
    1 large ready-made pizza base
    1 fresh red chilli, sliced
    50g ricotta cheese
    20g Gorgonzola cheese
    30g Rosemary Conley low-fat Mature Cheese, grated
    2 tsps Parmesan, grated
    a few basil leaves, shredded
    Cooking Instructions
    Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, Gas Mark 6. Place the onion, garlic, passata and Italian seasoning in a blender and grind coarsely.
    Place the pizza base on a non-stick baking tray. Spoon the tomato mixture over leaving a border around the edge. Scatter with the sliced chilli and cover with all the cheeses. Bake near the top of the oven for 20 minutes.
    Just before serving scatter with shredded basil. Serve hot with a tossed salad.
    Tips
    Pizza bases can be stored and cooked from frozen for a quick meal.
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. I love pizza. How about trying to make some on your own for the other days. I make one almost daily with a pita, and either a tsp of olive oil, or a tablespoon of tomato sauce, 1 oz of mozzarella skim cheese and healthy toppings. I even mix a 1/2 tbsp of fat free ranch with a 1/2 tbsp of regular ranch for dipping. This way you don't feel like you are losing out completely. Hope this helps. :smile:
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    If you only order and don't make your own ask for thin crust, light on the cheese and lots of veggies. Unless you hate veggies haha. Also there is a really yummy recipe on here for a cauliflower crust pizza that is very good, My dad and fiance love it and didn't even know it was cauliflower (fiance hates cauliflower) That might be a good way you can stuff your face with pizza and not feel so bad about it haha. Just use search on here for cauliflower crust pizza.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    take a pita bread (I use Joseph's 60 calories), spread a little sauce (30 cals), sprinkle shredded mozzarella (40 cals), and top with turkey pepperoni (35 cals). my whole pizza is 165 cals.
    However I usually make 2 or 3 of them.
    But that's still way less than 2 slices of pizza hut....
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmm Pizza! And go PATS! OMG what a horrible game last night :(

I try to just get a 'slice' of pizza when in the mood - or make sure there are people around to
    share a pizza so you can't go overboard without starving someone else :)
  • iowaiceman
    Options
    You could alwasy try a Lean Cuisine pizza. They taste great and can satisfy your pizza craving with alot less calories.

Yes Lean Cuisine will do it with less than 400 calories a pizza.It's awesome! ! ! ! !
  • Blessednluvnlife
    Options
    Wow!!! Thanks so much!! I never expected so many responses. I usually like to lay around on Sunday so making my own pizza is going to take some effort but I will try it at least every other Sunday. I will also see if they have a low-calorie pizza but I usually eat it with a friend. I must admit we often get extra cheese and sause but this Sunday I ate alone which is why I had the personal pizza. I had no clue how many calories I was really consuming. It is so easy to see how it is tough to lose weight. I work out faithfully during the week but over the last 2 months I hadn't lost any weight and now I clearly see why. It is also great to see so many female football fans!!!!!! :) I'm from KY so I cheer for the Colts when they aren't playing the Pats. Hopefully Eli will be back next year. I really thought you all were gonna win a few. As for the Browns, my uncle is a big fan and you guys so deserve a good season and I thought Romeo was gonna give you all thought. Fantasy football helps to spread the love. :flowerforyou: Thank goodness I don't eat pizza for Monday night football.:smile:
  • Blessednluvnlife
    Options
    Yes, I was so disappointed with the outcome. I don't understand what is going on with Chad. It seems like we can't really incorporate him into our offense. I think Brady passed to him about 5 times and he missed all of them. I didn't see much thrown to Branch and I think Brady spreading the love is what helps to keep the defense on their toes. The last two games were not very pretty and they are making my blood pressure go up with these 4th quarter and one minute to go games. I love them but not every week.:wink:
  • Tbarr3000
    Options
    Did you weigh in and find out you lost 2 pounds before or after eating the pizza? If you found out you lost 2 pound for the week even though you ate 1400 calories in one sitting then I don't see a reason to change.

I am good Monday through Friday and breakfast and lunch on Saturday. Dinner on Saturday and all day Sunday I usually mess up. This is because I go out for dinner after bowling with my team and I go to a bar to watch my Bengals on Sunday. I don't drink so that helps. After football season Sunday will be good again. I have had no problems with weight gain doing this.
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I love pizza also- think crust pizza no less! I try to grab one slice now and again to keep it in check. We also make our own at home; we make the crust with whole wheat flour to keep that more healthy and use fresh veggies without any meat. I also mix light cheese with freshly grated parmesan so you get the cheesy goodness but don't loose any flavor! Serve it up with a salad and yum!
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I like pizza and eat it almost weekly.
    A couple of ideas:
    Thin crust, as mentioned.
    The meat that goes on pizza is just full of fat and calories, veggie toppings are full of flavor and a lot less calories.
    Personally, I've grown to love Margherita pizza. Toppings are mozzarella, tomato and fresh basil; I like to add a little garlic.
    You might pick up some real pecorino romano cheese, and shave it on to your pizza. Its a lot cheaper than real parmesano regianno, and packs the same flavor punch. That canned stuff that is labeled parmesan is nasty IMO.

Most of us have grown to like many of the foods that we now eat as part of our new diets. Pizza is one of those things where you can eat the stuff full of calories, or adapt to a more healthy version and find that it will satisfy your cravings.
  • Blessednluvnlife
    Options
    Hi! Yes, the 2 pound weight lost came on Monday morning. I too bowl but the bowling league I organize is only in the summer. This doesn't affect my eating pattern much. I've heard so many people say that the weekends are what hurts most of us the most. Our schedules are off. We are trying to relax and recuperate for another work week. Thanks for your supportive words!:smile:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    You need to find a healthy alternative to pizza. You don't want to undo everything you worked for all week.