Motorcycle riding crusing burn calories

Options
I have not found in the data base info on motorcycle riding / street bikes. I ride for fun about 400 miles a week. so this is an activity I have not been able to account for. I did some research and if 150lbs you burn 170 calories an hour or 2.83 a minute.
I added this ti my exercise.

happy riding

Replies

• balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I have not found in the data base info on motorcycle riding / street bikes. I ride for fun about 400 miles a week. so this is an activity I have not been able to account for. I did some research and if 150lbs you burn 170 calories an hour or 2.83 a minute.
    I added this ti my exercise.

happy riding

You can burn calories just sitting on a bike? I'd LOVE to know if that's true, since my husband and I have been going out on weekends. I didn't think it would do anything, since it's not like you're walking, jogging, dancing, etc. I'll have to keep watching this thread to see if someone DOES know if you burn anything.
  • dgroulx
    dgroulx Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    You do burn calories riding a motorcycle. Muscles are used to balance the bike, turn, etc. Plus the adrenaline rush boosts your metabolism. You are always on the look out for cars pulling out and not seeing you, so your body makes sure you are alert in times of danger. Bikes are heavy and it takes energy to maneuver them. I ride a 750cc Honda Shadow Spirit and it is pretty big for my 5'2 frame. You don't burn a lot, probably only 130 per hour. But, it is a fun way to burn calories without knowing you are doing it.

If you have never ridden, take a motorcycle safety class. I did and then I was hooked.
  • cheekymo48
    Options
    Wow! I just did a search on this myself. I was worried because I was going to be away from home this weekend and not be able to my cardio. Now I find out that riding a motorcycle burns calories, awesome! I rode 3.5 hours today :) tx for posting.
  • njbooklover
    njbooklover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump