Trying to take care of me for a change

Options
So as everyone posting under this topic...I'm new here. I am 35 years old and have always been big, heck I was over 10ilbs when I was born. I always feel like I don't have time to do the things I know I need to do...because it has always been more important to take care of everything and everyone else. Well enough is enough...time to take care of me. After all I will not be around to take care of everyone else if I don't.

Not that I haven't tried. I've tried several things, diets, etc. but now is a new start.

My weight is effecting way too many aspects of my life.

I'm tired of being sick and tired.
I want to have a baby while I'm still young enough to enjoy it!
I want energy.
I want feel and look better.
I want to shop at places that aren't just for Plus Sized ladies.
I want to buy clothes because I like them not just because they were all i could find that fit me.

I guess that is all for now :0)

Replies

• tkieran
    tkieran Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I hear that! Welcome! I am new to this site too and I hope that by just keeping a food diary like this will help me to lose weight and keep it off :-)

Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • aries691
    Options
    I truly understand and I hope that you make all the progress that you desire. I know the feeling it like you put yourself on the 'backburner'. Good luck in taking care of yourself. I had to finally say it was time to find 'Me" I lost her a long time ago. But proud to say that she is back with a vengence.

Good Luck
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You can't take care of the people you love until you take care of yourself. Good luck, dear! :)
  • trishc39076
    Options
    Welcome! Friend me if you would like. :)
  • anmore014
    anmore014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I completely understand and relate to your posting. Your health and well-being should be priority #1. No one else can do it for you! Stay healthy for yourself and those you love.
  • goharper
    Options
    Hello..This is my second day but I was not off to a very good start....Guess the main plus was I did complete the log. First day...tooooo many snacks and stressful eating..Staying focus and healthy living...Need to loose at least 60lbs. Can relate to taking care of everybody else and placing my needs second or in the very far distance. Life long struggle.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Welcome. So glad that you joined this site. About 7 months ago, I also finally came to the realization that I had to put myself first and start taking care of me. This started me on this journey to better eating and exercise. This site has been totally amazing. With all the great motivation and encouragement, I have been able to lose about 53 pounds so far...I still have a way to go, but I'll get there eventually. Good luck and you can accomplish your goals also. Just log in all your food intake and start moving. Take it one day at a time. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Jessi713
    Options
    Welcome to the site- I started a week a go too. Friend me and we can get healthy together.
  • goharper
    Options
    Need all the help I can get...Not consistently writing food...
  • TheKetoChica
    TheKetoChica Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    WOW! We have so much in common! I know how you feel because I'm in a similar situation.

I started about a week ago and so far I love the site and the people here are very supporting.

You can add me as you friend if you would like.

Best wishes!