Calling all Cathe Friedrich fans

jdavis193
jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
edited October 4 in Fitness and Exercise
what videos do you have of hers, if you liek them and if you have seen results. I am thinking about purchasing her videos. They seem really good.

Replies

• Erin1621
    Erin1621 Posts: 2 Member
    all of them lol..seriously u cant go wrong. But right now i am in LOVE with sts=)
  • jdavis193
    I can't afford the STS system. I was just going to get a few of her dvds. I have to buy the barbell and the step. Have you done any of her other videos mostly the strength training ones?
  • have lots of them...doing sts currently..LOVE THEM!
  • I ahave a lot of cardiop ones as well.. for weights you can,t go wrong with the gym styles and for cardio..I love HIIT..you need a step though...her new LIS is fun too!
  • redfox43
    redfox43 Posts: 39 Member
    I have the Bob Harper DVDs - they are fantastic. They are also currently on sale for $24 for 4 DVDs (http://www.mytrainerbob.com/store/home.php?cat=251&sort=orderby&sort_direction=0&page=1). The hour-long workouts are intense but he also offers shorter and easier versions on the DVDs if you are just beginning. if you want a varied and effective workout you can do at home (only hand weights are needed), I strongly recommend giving his DVDs a try.
  • jdavis193
    I think I would really like Cathe videos bc I just want her strength training ones not her cardio. I can't really do cardio bc I have torn tissue in my foot and it still hasn't really healed and I can only really do the elliptical. I was looking at doing her Body Max I believe and a few other The gym style. I was only going to use them two days a week. Maybe just do the full body ones.
  • trishadams
    trishadams Posts: 104 Member
    Another Cathe fan here. I have most of her DVDs, but not some of the older ones and none of the newer high impact ones. This is a tough question because it really depends on what type of wo you are looking for. Some of my favorite vids are:

High Reps
    STS Total Body
    Butts & Guts (your glutes will thank you!!)
    Muscle Max
    Gym Styles (great if you don't want to purchase STS)
    Ab Circuits
    Kick Punch & Crunch
    Legs & Glutes
    4 Day Split Series
  • jdavis193
    Another Cathe fan here. I have most of her DVDs, but not some of the older ones and none of the newer high impact ones. This is a tough question because it really depends on what type of wo you are looking for. Some of my favorite vids are:

High Reps
    STS Total Body
    Muscle Max
    Ab Circuits
    Kick Punch & Crunch
    Legs & Glutes
    4 Day Split Series

I def. want to get the Muscle Max to start with and debating on High Reps. Do you have to use the bench with these. I have a 12 in step from other workout videos but it's not full size just part.
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,506 Member
    I would recommend the following if you are looking at weights:

Pyramid Upper and Lower Body ~ You get the two workouts, plus four other premixes.
    Power Hour + Maximum Intensity Strength + BodyMax all really good total body workouts.
    Slow & Heavy ~ This will increase strength.

It's nice to have the bench, but you should be able to do all the exercises without one. The bench is nice for doing the chest presses, but you can lay on the floor. You can use the current bench you have for things like tricep dips.
  • jdavis193

Pyramid Upper and Lower Body ~ You get the two workouts, plus four other premixes.
    Power Hour + Maximum Intensity Strength + BodyMax all really good total body workouts.

It's nice to have the bench, but you should be able to do all the exercises without one. The bench is nice for doing the chest presses, but you can lay on the floor. You can use the current bench you have for things like tricep dips.

Ok Thanks. I can only get 2 because I am buying a barbell sit as well. I am torn between slow and heavy and muscle max. My step I have is just a small square it comes with two so you can stack them. I have been doing Jillian. But she's not into lifting really heavy and serious. I have done other lifting vidoes and I do like just the straight lifting and then cardio seperate than combing them.
  • jdavis193

High Reps
    STS Total Body
    Muscle Max
    Ab Circuits
    Kick Punch & Crunch
    Legs & Glutes
    4 Day Split Series

when you used her gym series did you just do each video one day a week?
  • Jennacita
    Jennacita Posts: 116 Member
    All of Cathe's stuff is great. She used to be on FitTV if your cable carries that channel you might want to preview some stuff there. Also if you go to videofitness.com you can read reviews on different workouts. And ask lots of questions. The folks over there are awesome. As well as the ladies on Cathe.com.

As far as her weight workouts go you do not need a bench. You can use a step or lay on the floor. Also you don't necessarily need a barbell I have one and never use it. I just use dumbbells. But it also depends on how heavy you are wanting lift.

My favorite workouts: Imax 2 and Imax 3, Low Impact Circuit, Turbo Barre, Slide and Glide, Butts and Gutts, Body Max 2, Kick Punch and Crunch + Legs and Glutes, HIIT, High Reps.

You really can't wrong. Most of her older stuff have like 2-3 workouts per disc. Countless premixes, great chaptering. So they are a quality investment.

And on her website she has monthly rotations so if your looking for way to use the dvds its all written out for you.

Best of luck!:smile:
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    I agree with all the positive posts! Cathe is the best in my opinion. We have a Cathe board under the groups here-feel free to join us!

I do not have a barbell or a bench. I live in a condo-no basement. I use my dumb bells and I use my step. They work fine.

Muscle Max is a wonderful workout. If you are just looking at strength, the Pyramids are awesome too.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Oh, it sounds like you are talking about something like the old Firm Fanny Lifter, not a club step. You would not want to use that for weight work. You could easily do it on the floor though. If I had to choose, I would definitely choose more workouts over a bench!
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    my fav is low impact circuit, body max low max, I have her new ones LIS low impact but really hard!
    I have her drill max it is hard but so much fun, I love the ones i mentioned above becasue of the music in them is great. Well the LIS music isnt really as good a the body max. I am getting muscle max soon that is all strength. I was going to say the new one like after burn is really hard but it is strength all the way and cardio it kept my heart up like i was jogging ( i where a HRM) I also like the athletic training in her new LIS for strength. I Joined basic 4 yrs ago at age 38 and i have to say i did not even get sore.. but with catehs new low impact series of afterburn and AT??? serious soreness she is great!!! i love love her she is harder then most DVD's
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member

Al evern if you only get two workouts of hers of anything she has premixes like you are getting three or four workouts in one dvd it is awesome!! i just found out about her bout 6 months ago.

Ok Thanks. I can only get 2 because I am buying a barbell sit as well. I am torn between slow and heavy and muscle max. My step I have is just a small square it comes with two so you can stack them. I have been doing Jillian. But she's not into lifting really heavy and serious. I have done other lifting vidoes and I do like just the straight lifting and then cardio seperate than combing them.
  • I love Cathe! I started off with just a few DVD's but I got hooked and now I have them all. I'm still making my way through them and its hard to pick a favorite but I would say so far I would say Slow & Heavy is my favorite of the Strength training ones I have done.
    It is straight Weight training with Barbells and Dumbells. All of your equipment is set up beforehand so there isn't any running around looking for weights, the barbell is at a fixed weight so you don't have to deal with changing plates either. No getting a stability ball or bands.
  • jdavis193
    Ok, Thanks everyone. Yes I ordered the body max and the barbel. I will probably order more videos with christmas money.
  • jdavis193
    Oh, it sounds like you are talking about something like the old Firm Fanny Lifter, not a club step. You would not want to use that for weight work. You could easily do it on the floor though. If I had to choose, I would definitely choose more workouts over a bench!

Yes it is the fanny lifter :).. I figured I could do most of it on the floor. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.