Breakfast help

rachietuk
rachietuk Posts: 308 Member
I am always hungry around an hour after breakfast.
I usually have Special K cereal and silk milk.

Any ideas for a low calorie, filling breakfasts?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Egg white omelet.
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Oatmeal fills me up!

1/2 c oatmeal
    1/2 c frozen blueberries
    1/2 c applesauce
    1/2 c water
    dash of cinnamon
    1 tsp brown sugar

Microwave for 2 minutes, stir and do it again! YUM! and very filling!

Or eggwhites with light cheese on a wheat english muffin
  • Greek yogurts. Egg white omlets. Turkey bacon. More protein will certainly fill you up.
  • every morning I eat 8oz. plain fat free yogurt with artificail sweetener to kill the bitterness, a piece of fruit and 2 tb milled flaxseed, i mix it together and it makes like a partfait, it is filling and under 300 calories, you can add cinnamin for xtra flavor
  • bhoochy
    bhoochy Posts: 35 Member
    this may sound weird but......I eat deli turkey in the mornings. 6 peices has only 45 cals but keeps me full and has a lot of protien in it. I also add 2% cheese sometimes as well.
  • I eat tomato soup sometimes for breakfast :D
  • danielleogrady
    danielleogrady Posts: 9 Member
    Protein will fill you up more than carbs and sugar, so maybe try 3 egg whites or 1/2 cup of cottage cheese (you can choose 1% or 2%).
  • I have a sashay of Quaker Oats porridge is 95 cal made with water no sugar, three slices of weight watcher granulated bread a scrape of flora plus weight watchers strawberry jam that comes in at 490 cal total. I have that at 9 AM in the morning and that keeps me going to my lunch at 2 PM. T
    You haven't said how long you've been on your diet because the hunger cravings do subside with time.
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    i would switch to a more fiber packed cereal if thats your usual routine and also slice in some rasberries (fiber) and other berries if you can. otherwise i usually eat the following and it fills me

1/2 cup cooked oatmeal
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1 tbsp agave nectar

fiber packed cereal- kashi go lean crunch, bran flakes with raisins (the commercial ones usually have more sugar)

peanut butter and agave nectar sandwich w/milk of choice

egg, spinach and feta omlette

egg sandwich with a slice of cheese

beans and eggs

whole wheat tortilla, scrambled eggs, cheese and beans
  • mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    I love cereal too but it doesn't keep me full very long.

I have breakfast sandwiches most days-Thomas english muffin whole grain, egg white, turkey sausage. So many variations you can do but easily under 250 cals. Can use center cut bacon, add cheese, ham, veggies.
  • sunshinesonata
    sunshinesonata Posts: 241 Member
    I eat tomato soup sometimes for breakfast :D

:L That sounds delicious!

However, This morning I had 1c of honey nut chex, and 1/2c of soymilk.

Usually I have 3 egg whites on a piece of GF toast a few strawberries, and 1/2 grapefruit! Usually keeps me full for quite a while! (I eat Breakfast at 0500)
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    You might try a double fiber english muffin toasted, then add 1 TBSP peanut butter (I use the chunky) and a piece of fruit. I usually have this around 9AM and it keeps me full until around 12:30 or 1PM.
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    i used to be like that. now i try not to eat a carby breakfast.. that sets me up for a high calorie day and doesn't keep me very satisfied. i usually opt for eggs, greek yogurt or a protein shake. sometimes i'll add fruit to the yogurt or shake. kinda boring i know lol

if I'm in a rush i'll do oatmeal or kashi go lean cereal w/ skim milk. those are the only carby breakfasts that keep me full until lunch time
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    I chop/cut up 3 pcs of lower sodium turkey or chicken bacon with a little olive oil, cut up mushrooms and cut up spinach. Then once it's all tender I add in liquid egg whites, sometimes a little shredded cheese and eat with homemade salsa. Yummmm. Very filling and it only takes about 5 minutes to cook before I dash out the door. You can add all sorts of things to this or even have everything ready and cut up each day.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Chocolate protein, pb, banana

I work out for 90 minutes and am full for like 8 hours, I have to force myself to eat lunch or I forget. That being said, it can be high calorie (mine is about 670m, but you can adjust for less).
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Pretty much every morning without fail I have a spinach and feta omlette. 2 eggs. With yolks (shock! HORROR!) it's 267 cals and it's great.
  • BeachGurl815
    BeachGurl815 Posts: 295 Member
    Cereal is not filling enough for me. I need some fiber & protien.

My favorite go to breakfast is 1 pkg plain oatmeal, 1 Tbsp peanut butter and sliced up banana mixed in. Keeps me full till lunchtime.

Egg white omlete is good also.
  • rachietuk
    Thanks for the ideas. I am eating a muffin with egg beaters and turkey bacon. Its yummy, lets hope it helps with my mid morning hunger.
  • rachietuk
    Today was a good day, I ate muffin, egg and bacon. This kept me going till lunch and i am not starving this afternoon.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Special K (original) is pretty high protein .... but lacking in fiber. Have a serving of fruit on the side with this. Also 1% milk has some fat (fat keeps you full awhile too).

I like Kashi cereals many have both protein and fiber (as does oatmeal). Greek yogurt is super high in protein, I have dry cereal along side sometimes.