New uniform fitting/measurements

Options
Hi all,

Just after a bit of advice, I am starting a new job and need to be measured and fitted for my uniform on Monday. Been really excited about starting this job for a while, however, the uniform takes about 8 weeks to come in and so far I have lost 8.8 pounds during my 30 days doing MFP so far. I wanted to look really good but obviously I'm hoping I'll lose more weight in the next 8 weeks - rendering my uniform too big and disheartening. I have been losing inches off my waist and hips fairly quickly (although expecting this is level out a bit).

Not sure what to do, it wouldn't matter so much but I have been really excited about looking great in it.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• jacksamjack
    jacksamjack Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    That is soooo hard to plan for!! I would tell the fitter what you have achieved and get them to measure you breathing in hard - that could be the incentive you need to really stick in!! Check if they do an alteration service too. Good luck with your new job and well done for such a great start with your weight loss.:flowerforyou:
  • paniologal
    paniologal Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    That's really hard! But I've personally learned to never buy to grow in to when you're losing weight. For me, it ends up at thrift store because I never lose enough to get into those clothes, it's kind of weird. It seems like I can buy a pair of shorts that will fit in 'another ten pounds' and twenty pounds later they still don't fit.

Congratulations on your weight loss! :smile:
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    it's unlikely that the person measuring you will be happy to take your word for it that you will be slimmer in 8 weeks.
    They've heard that so many times before!

Good luck in your weight loss.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Had this issue as well. I tried both sizes on. The bigger size fit perfectly, the smaller size fit but was a squeeze. I got the smaller size. It's still slightly tight but it fits fine. Can't wait till its baggy!

My advice is to make sure you can wear it and it looks OK.
  • canary986
    canary986 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone!

Will see how it goes today!
  • canary986
    canary986 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Although my trouser measurements weren't so satisfying, I managed to fit into a small size work shirt.

First time ever! :)