Silly Question about 30DS

Options
Hi all,

I know a lot of people out there are doing the 30DS work out and seeing great results! It inspired me to try it... I'm happy to say that I've made it through to level 3, day 5 or 6... I love the workouts and also the fact that they're quick!

My question is... in the level 3 workout Jillian says at some point "you should be seeing your 6-pack right about now." Now, I've checked, and mine is not there. :tongue:

When I started my 30DS I was not really overweight - 5'9" and ~162 lbs (and in fact I haven't lost any weight doing the workout) but I wanted toning and maybe a little bit more weight loss. To begin with my stomach was alright, but it has gotten maybe a little flatter in the last 25 or so days... but I'm wondering if anyone ACTUALLY saw a 6-pack that didn't have one before doing 30DS. And if so, was it around the level 3 mark? Closer to the end? I'm wondering if maybe I'm just not pushing myself hard enough! :embarassed:

I'm certainly not giving up on Jillian and her crazy workouts. Once I'm done "shredding" I plan on starting Ripped in 30... I just wanted to ponder this claim that she makes during the workout.

Anyway, thanks!
krnl

Replies

• ecmcnamee
    ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I did the shred twice and never saw my 6 pack .. still an awesome workout
  • jennajava
    jennajava Posts: 2,176 Member
    Options
    No, if you look at her web site, she only claims a distinct difference in muscle toning, not definition.
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    *bump* my 30DS just came in the mail the other day ... I can't wait until my crazy month of November is over and I can start it!!!
  • sryan8408
    Options
    Did you take your measurements before you started? Or take before pictures? Try comparing, I'm sure you will see a lot of improvement. She has an abs video for a duration of 6 weeks. I haven't started it yet but I honestly get too bored doing the same exercises over and over etc so I just bought a bunch of her dvds and am trying to do one a day. I figure that will work different muscle groups and still leave me with toning and cardio.
  • dkueter94
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of level 2 (I did level 1 for 12 days) and haven't noticed a difference on the scale really (which I'm pretty bummed about) but I can tell in inches in my waist. I haven't measured yet since day 1, but I can tell looking in the mirror. I'm not going to get too depressed about it until I get to the end of level 3 and then take measurements again. I've read about everyone else's great results so I'm hoping and praying to have the same. I WANT THIS SO BAD and I know Jillian is the best trainer to go with. STICK WITH IT! I will too!!!! :)
  • 24man
    24man Posts: 58
    Options
    Today is my first day of doing the 30 DS. It wasn't bad. Not too easy but not too hard. I'm just not sure when to move up in levels. right now my plan is to do Level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days and Level 3 for 10 days. I haven't looked at the other levels yet. Are they different exercises or just more intense?
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Today is my first day of doing the 30 DS. It wasn't bad. Not too easy but not too hard. I'm just not sure when to move up in levels. right now my plan is to do Level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days and Level 3 for 10 days. I haven't looked at the other levels yet. Are they different exercises or just more intense?

Each level has different exercises and it increases difficulty with each level.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    No, if you look at her web site, she only claims a distinct difference in muscle toning, not definition.

Thanks, that makes sense. I haven't checked out her website... but maybe I will now.

I have definitely noticed a difference in my shoulders and biceps in terms of toning. And my legs feel stronger, though they were pretty muscular to begin with, so i'm not sure I can "see" a difference.
  • krnlcsf
    krnlcsf Posts: 310
    Options
    Did you take your measurements before you started? Or take before pictures? Try comparing, I'm sure you will see a lot of improvement. She has an abs video for a duration of 6 weeks. I haven't started it yet but I honestly get too bored doing the same exercises over and over etc so I just bought a bunch of her dvds and am trying to do one a day. I figure that will work different muscle groups and still leave me with toning and cardio.

I took my measurements on day 1 and took pictures. I had planned on taking progress pictures part way through, but didn't get a chance, so I figure I'll just do it once i'm done. I'm hoping to notice the difference that way.
    I did take measurements at the mid-way point and was a little disappointed with the lack of change... I think the most I saw was 1/2 inch and the rest of the areas were maybe 1/8 or 1/4 inch... and all of those could be due to just slightly different positioning of the tape. :ohwell:

Don't get me wrong... I think some exercise is better than none (which I basically did none before starting 30DS) but I was hoping for more visible, physical results rather than just the warm and fuzzy feeling of working out. :tongue:
  • sryan8408
    Options
    Thats really weird. I hate to ask but is it a possibility that your TOM could be coming up? But I mean 1/2 inch somewhere is a lot in less than a month. Plus shes having you do cardio and strength training so you are building muscle. Just see it through and I'm sure you will be happy you did.