Sweating it out????

julieofthewolves
julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
edited November 2023 in Fitness and Exercise
Okay, so I see people at the gym or out running/walking that have scarfs, hats, sweatsuits on etc. and they are roasting. They say that sweating hard helps them lose weight. Is this true? Or are they just losing water weight. Just curious.....

Replies

• julieofthewolves
    Okay, so I see people at the gym or out running/walking that have scarfs, hats, sweatsuits on etc. and they are roasting. They say that sweating hard helps them lose weight. Is this true? Or are they just losing water weight. Just curious.....
  • nbuehrmann
    nbuehrmann Posts: 47 Member
    They are just losing water.
    You don't actually 'lose' fat through sweat. Sweating is just a sign that you're burning calories, but the amount of sweat is not proportional to the amount of fat you're burning.
  • julieofthewolves
    Thank goodness!!! I hate being too hot.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    Jof theW:

I wear an absorbent bandana, or I'll be blinded by the sweat. I also have bird legs due to a sit-down job for the last six years, and until I get some muscles back, I'm keeping the long pants. I hate to be hot, too!

That looks like a very sweet "wolf" you have. :-)

~Cheryl
  • julieofthewolves
    Thanks Cheryl! I had to put Sammy up there since I had just posted that I went for a long walk with her. She definitely keeps me safe when I am out - even though she is a vegetarian (by her own preference) and probably wouldn't hurt a bug.

Happy workouts to you! Julie
This discussion has been closed.