Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Sweating it out????

julieofthewolvesjulieofthewolves Posts: 339Member Member Posts: 339Member Member
Okay, so I see people at the gym or out running/walking that have scarfs, hats, sweatsuits on etc. and they are roasting. They say that sweating hard helps them lose weight. Is this true? Or are they just losing water weight. Just curious.....

Replies

• julieofthewolvesjulieofthewolves Posts: 339Member Member Posts: 339Member Member
    Okay, so I see people at the gym or out running/walking that have scarfs, hats, sweatsuits on etc. and they are roasting. They say that sweating hard helps them lose weight. Is this true? Or are they just losing water weight. Just curious.....
  • nbuehrmannnbuehrmann Posts: 47Member Member Posts: 47Member Member
    They are just losing water.
    You don't actually 'lose' fat through sweat. Sweating is just a sign that you're burning calories, but the amount of sweat is not proportional to the amount of fat you're burning.
  • julieofthewolvesjulieofthewolves Posts: 339Member Member Posts: 339Member Member
    Thank goodness!!! I hate being too hot.
  • cmriversidecmriverside Posts: 28,842Member Member Posts: 28,842Member Member
    Jof theW:

I wear an absorbent bandana, or I'll be blinded by the sweat. I also have bird legs due to a sit-down job for the last six years, and until I get some muscles back, I'm keeping the long pants. I hate to be hot, too!

That looks like a very sweet "wolf" you have. :-)

~Cheryl
    Thanks Cheryl! I had to put Sammy up there since I had just posted that I went for a long walk with her. She definitely keeps me safe when I am out - even though she is a vegetarian (by her own preference) and probably wouldn't hurt a bug.

Happy workouts to you! Julie