Complex Carbs

Options
I need help. I believe I have a pear shaped body and am apparently supposed to be consuming about 50% lean protiens, 30% complex carbs and 20% unsturated fats. Does anyone have any ideas WHAT I am supposed to eat to lose weight like this? I know what lean protiens are but I'm not good at picking the right carbs and stuff. HELP

Replies

• ayummymommy01
    ayummymommy01 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Complex carbs...not processed ie: sprouted grain breads (food for life), oats (not instant), sweet potatoes, brown rice, quinoa, veggies, some fruit (simple carb)
  • cynusps
    cynusps Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What is quinoa and how do you fix it?
  • UnderConstructionJ
    Options
    I too am a pear shape...and find that if I limit my carbs to complex ones I do better at loosing weight. I was given this as a guide to complex carbs...trying to figure out what to eat and what not to eat can be VERY confusion. And you find so many different varying answers. I've come to find out that there is not One Size Fits All to this journey. I hope it helps ya:

Spinach Whole Barley Grapefruit
    Turnip Greens Buckwheat Apples
    Lettuce Buckwheat bread Prunes
    Water Cress Oat bran bread Apricots, Dried
    Zucchini Oatmeal Pears
    Asparagus Oat bran cereal Plums
    Artichokes Museli Strawberries
    Okra Wild rice Oranges
    Cabbage Brown rice Yams
    Celery Multi-grain bread Carrots
    Cucumbers Pinto beans Potatoes
    Dill Pickles Yogurt, low fat Soybeans
    Radishes Skim milk Lentils
    Broccoli Navy beans Garbanzo beans
    Brussels Sprouts Cauliflower Kidney beans
    Eggplant Soy milk Lentils
    Onions Whole meal spelt bread Split peas
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    What is quinoa and how do you fix it?
    Quinoa is a grain. You cook it like rice or barley. It is very good as a side dish mixed with veggies or in soups, chili, and salads instead of pasta.
  • ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Great suggestions so far!! There are so many options- also, when reading labels and looking at carbs- look at how it is broken down. Avoid foods whose carbohydrate make-up is primarily sugar- you want your carbs coming from fiber and plant based materials not simple sugars. Some natural sugars are fine- but limit fruits like bananas, apples, etc.
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I really don't know if I can do this. There are so many things on that list that I can not stomach. I guess I may just have to suck it up and ea it anyway. I know my hubby will love all of it. Might have to find a way to fix these items. I'm not the best cook around. At least not healthy anyway. lol