Let's talk about snacks baby...lets talk about you and me :)

Options
2»

Replies

• tillmanlady
    tillmanlady Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great post! I asked the very same thing on my page earlier...
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks-Good one to keep
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Before long, I am basically in a squat position shoving food in my mouth in front of an open fridge-like a raccoon!
  • MoooveOverFluffy
    MoooveOverFluffy Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Im LAUGHING OUT LOUD!!! Guilty.....
  • cajunlady56
    cajunlady56 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Print out your post on your fridge and read it before opening to remind yourself how it upsets you.

Losing weight is also a mental thing.

Before you do it just think about how hard you want to lose weight.
  • ninelives58
    ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So true! Losing weight is definitely a mental thing. When my mind wanders to the goodies that may be lurking in my kitchen, if I do something else to distract myself for just awhile, I find that I'm not really hungry for that goody after all. It's just habit to think of getting a snack when relaxing in front of the TV. I feel so awesome when I don't give in to mindless snacking.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    My snack is typically PB spread on fruit or a protein bar, sometimes on chocolate.
  • MadPanda75
    MadPanda75 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you have more small meals during the day. that way you wont have much time before your next meal and maybe if you know you have a meal coming up you will be less likely to snack. Here are some of the things I would snack on at night time (my worst time for snacking)

Snap Pea Crisps (I get them in the salad section at the grocery-they look nasty in the bag but they taste like hot fries without the "hot")
    Brussel Sprouts (weird I know but with a dash of parmesan cheese they are filling and low calories)
    Rye Crackers with light laughing cow cheese
    Rice cakes
    Kashi Go Lean with Skim Milk
    Frozen Cool Whip with strawberries (great for when you are craving something sweet)

Love these suggestions! Brussel Sprouts are actually one of my fav things to cook and I totally have to try that fozen cool whip with strawberries!
  • MadPanda75
    Options
    Yeah...don't even get me started on pb! If peanut butter was a man...I'd marry him!
  • MadPanda75
    Options
    Print out your post on your fridge and read it before opening to remind yourself how it upsets you.

Losing weight is also a mental thing.

Before you do it just think about how hard you want to lose weight.

Love that! I'll definitely have to try it. I totally agree with you, its seriously a mental thing!
  • Jendulin
    Options
    I keep snacks around but try to keep around the 100 calorie ones. this helps me