Bodily Oddities

Options
I don't know what it is, but even if I'm freezing, my left arm pit sweats. Not the right one, just the left. I have to sit with a paper towel under my arm for the first part of my day....unless I have a thick undershirt on. It makes me CRAZY!

Confess your oddities!

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    A Dermatologist can give you a shot of botox under your arm and it will stop. No kidding.
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    My husband's feet sweat if he concentrates really hard... like if he's really focused on a video game or something... lol!!
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    I don't know what it is, but even if I'm freezing, my left arm pit sweats. Not the right one, just the left. I have to sit with a paper towel under my arm for the first part of my day....unless I have a thick undershirt on. It makes me CRAZY!

Confess your oddities!

On True Life last night they had a girl with hyperhidrosis... which is excessive sweating...probably what you have!
  • stampede55
    Options

Confess your oddities!

On True Life last night they had a girl with hyperhidrosis... which is excessive sweating...probably what you have!
    Why only one arm?!?!
  • stampede55
    Options

Confess your oddities!

Why only one arm?!?!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    my ankles like to make cracking noises o_O
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

mine too! and my elbows.... lol
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I have a lot!
    My shoulders randomly dislocate
    My today turn white and lower all feeling when I'm cold
    I have a rib on my right side that sticks out and pokes me.
    Hmm... Will post more as I think of them :-)
  • stampede55
    Options
    I have shoulder problems too. Torn labrum in both, that causes sporadic dislocations. I haven't had an issue since I had a full blown dislocation while playing basketball about 3 years ago. Worst pain I've ever felt in my life!
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    My right knee crackles and sometimes it hurts really bad if I sit for a long period of time. No clue what that's all a bout... My mom's knee does it too!!
  • stefchica
    stefchica Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    it may be with the type of material you are wearing. i sweat a lot under my pits, and as a girl its not cute, but i've learned over the years to stick to dark colors lol. but i notice sometimes its the clothes i wear, if something is sticking close to my pit i tend to sweat more than if nothing is touching it. also, some fabrics that done breathe as well tend to make me sweat more, so i try to stick to cottons. have you tried those over night deoderants? i used them, and for a while it worked, they should have a mens version, but you apply it at night and it helps with the sweating!! then use your deoderant during the day as normal.

but i know what you mean with the cold thing, it happens to mea lll the time!! i would look for the deoderants with a higher level of the almuminum something, forget what its called, but thats the key ingredient in helping with reducing sweat
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options

Confess your oddities!

Why only one arm?!?!

Because you are odd :wink: LOL

I am not sure... I guess everybody is different.
  • quigonnjae
    Options

Confess your oddities!

Why only one arm?!?!

Just be glad you dont sweat in "color" ... yes i said that right .. some peoples sweat is colored

http://health.howstuffworks.com/skin-care/problems/medical/chromhidrosis.htm

personally ..2 of my toes on my right foot are permanently crossed..
  • stampede55
    Options
    it may be with the type of material you are wearing. i sweat a lot under my pits, and as a girl its not cute, but i've learned over the years to stick to dark colors lol. but i notice sometimes its the clothes i wear, if something is sticking close to my pit i tend to sweat more than if nothing is touching it. also, some fabrics that done breathe as well tend to make me sweat more, so i try to stick to cottons. have you tried those over night deoderants? i used them, and for a while it worked, they should have a mens version, but you apply it at night and it helps with the sweating!! then use your deoderant during the day as normal.

but i know what you mean with the cold thing, it happens to mea lll the time!! i would look for the deoderants with a higher level of the almuminum something, forget what its called, but thats the key ingredient in helping with reducing sweat
    I use Old Spice High Endurance....the clicking powder stuff. I usually always have a cotton undershirt on, and today in particular I have a wicking polo over top. So weird. I've never heard of over night deodorants, I'll have to check that out.
  • stampede55
    Options

Yes.....yes I am. :tongue:
  • stampede55
    Options
    A Dermatologist can give you a shot of botox under your arm and it will stop. No kidding.
    This sounds painful!
  • bs1981
    bs1981 Posts: 36
    Options
    CLINICAL strength deoderant... stopped mine completely. Don't even sweat when working out.
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options

Actually, its about 50 units per armpit and even if diagnosed with hyperhydrosis, most insurances won't pay for it making one armpit cost you a grand ol $500-1000. I have hyperhydrosis in my hands, feet, and as of the last couple years, armpits. I'm a gross sweaty person :drinker:

Speaking of odd armpits, I only have one armpit that grows hair... due to excessive use of prescription deordant. Really cuts down on the shower time so I can't complain :p
  • Uerzer
    Uerzer Posts: 273
    Options

Confess your oddities!

Why only one arm?!?!

It's called Focal Hyperhidrosis, just read this info: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007259.htm

(Very reliable source)

And check with your doctor for treatment or w/e if you want ^^
  • stampede55
    Options

Actually, its about 50 units per armpit and even if diagnosed with hyperhydrosis, most insurances won't pay for it making one armpit cost you a grand ol $500-1000.

Speaking of odd armpits, I only have one armpit that grows hair... due to excessive use of prescription deordant. Really cuts down on the shower time so I can't complain :p
    This just blew my mind. If I cover my body with prescription deodorant...

500-1000 for a shot per pit is absolutely ridiculous!!!