THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM...I HOPE!

Options
This is my third time commiting to MFP! I cannot stay motivated, I commit for a week or two and then I just quit. This time I am hoping to find some friends on the site to help encourage me.

I moved to New Orleans after giving birth to my daughter and decided to become a stay at home mom. Between not working and all of the delicious New Orleans cuisine I have gained 50pounds. I am borderling 300lbs annd it is scaring the heck out of me. I graduate from Graduate school next month, therefore I am hoping to take advantage of my free time.

So any takers??? :wink:

I am currently 293 and my ultimate goal is 165 which is my weight before I had my first child. At least 20 by my birthday in Janaury.

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Only you have the power. Just think before you reach!:flowerforyou:
  • prinxessdeb
    prinxessdeb Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good luck Teri! Keep track of everything and I'm sure you'll do great.
    Debbie
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have been here more times than I can count but I am never giving up. This has been my best time so far and I am hoping that for you too! I am tired of feeling like crud all the time and worried about my diabetes. Good luck to you!
  • MarlaChandlerBarton
    Options
    You can do it and we are here for you, to hold you up!:bigsmile:
  • yummymum77
    yummymum77 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd love to be your friend, I can't seem to figure out how to add friends though. I too stay at home, this is my first time counting calories during the week I do pretty well, but I could be better on the weekends.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Ok here's how I did it. Maybe it will help. Instead of diving all the way in and over committing, make it a goal to go 3 weeks with 3 days of exercise and logging. Then when you accomplish that you can add another day etc. I would log everyday. Take it in bits and pieces and do the best you can on those 3 days of workouts. Commit to that. Surround yourself with buddies on here.

It is what you make it of course. Good luck on your journey.
  • ladym04
    Options
    lol im the same way, i start off all for the whole diet and exercise thing and slowely slack off more and more. Feel free to add me and maybe we can motivate each other. :happy:
  • AmandaOW731
    Options
    Teri, I'm with you! This is my first time on MFP and so far I'm really motivated to keep it up... It's only been 5 days and I feel so much better! I think just take it one day at a time... I've got about 100 lbs to lose and I know it's easy to get frustrated. I'm not even sure how I let it get this bad! But it's just taking it step by step, one meal at a time... Keep it up!
  • cdpliler
    Options
    One day at a time... Everyday is a new day. Make the committment every morning when you wake up and log all foods even if its a bite. Hang in there. We are in this together
  • lms32164
    lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I am so glad you came back to MFP! That means that you want to make becoming healthy an important part of your life. My first bit of advise is to take the "I hope" out of your sentence and just say "Third times the charm!" What I would do first is write down 10 reasons why you want to loose weight. Then set some small obtainable goals, find a handful of friends here on MFP that will support you and you can support equally. I know you can do this and you will be so glad when you start to see the change. Hey, you have children to consider. They need you!! :flowerforyou: Lynne
  • TMcMillan
    TMcMillan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks great idea!
  • TMcMillan
    TMcMillan Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    THANKS GUYS! I REALLY APPRECIATE THE SUPPORT!
  • rlhunsucker
    rlhunsucker Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you for coming back! This is my first time using MFP, but I've used other programs and have always had the same problem (the longest I've stuck to anything previously was 2 months). This time feels different for me and I hope it is for you as well. Good luck!
  • queenkb
    Options
    You sound like me, the weekends are my ENEMIES! Lets help each other! I'll try to add you as a friend. I could really use the weekend support!
  • jillmichelle7
    Options
    You can do it!!! Just stick to your guns this time. I have tried and tried in the past as well and when i started out I was 296, I am down to 277 now and it feels sooo good that you stick with it because you love yourself so much more.

Add me if you want and GOOD LUCK!!! You can do it I know it!!!
  • queenkb
    Options
    I agree with all the inspiring replies. I am a mother of 17 month twin girls and this is my 2nd attempt. This time it feels different because I am soliciting the help of the community. I think you have a very unique issue being a student and stay home mom. I remember snacking through Grad school, then came my daughters and its an on going battle. WE CAN WIN THE WAR! Think before you eat and every little bit of mobile activity can be transformed into a calorie burning event. I park farther from the stores, take stairs, and try to walk as much as possible after meals! I'd love to be your friend! Best of Luck Fellow Fit Friend!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I can't even imagine how much I would weigh if I was around New Orleans cuisine all the time. I dream about oyster poyboys!!! I have 100 lbs to lose myself. Feel free to add me if you would like to. I'll send you a request , just in case you do.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it's not just a day at a time, but a meal at a time. I'm new too, was creeping to close to the 300 number and decided no way. I'm in my third week and so far so good. The people here are fabulous. If you would like to read my profile or blog, feel free, it's open to the public. Then if you believe I could be of help, I'll gladly accept your friend request. We are power in numbers.
  • melelana
    melelana Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck! You can do it!