Peanut Butter

Options
So I had an upset tummy yesterday and wasn't feeling well. I ate my go to sick food which happens to be peanut butter on saltine crackers. Well after a while I realized how much I had eaten and just how many calories I wasted!! Peanut butter is one of my guilty pleasures from time to time but it always ruins my day of hard work. Is there a better way to handle a peanut butter addiction?

Replies

• RNMDFF
    RNMDFF Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    try PB2 everyone says it good and super low calories
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Chocolate PB2. It doesnt have a very strong chocolate taste, but I think it tastes better than the reg pb2
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Mix it into things or have it with other stuff so you can have the taste on a larger amount of food.
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    I KNOW!!!! I just don't eat it, it can really reak havoc on your calories! Easy for me to say, cuz I can take it or leave it!
  • MMH86
    MMH86 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    PB2 for sure.. i loooove it! super great alternative for your love of PB!
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    I <3 peanut butter =P Can't live a day without it...how much did you have? I have about 2-4 tablespoons a day
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    Options
    I love it too. I put a tbsp of PB or nutella on a waffle in the morning to get my PB or choc fix. It's awesome and doesn't ruin cals. Sometimes I even do half PB and half nutella, it's like candy!!
  • kikitlo
    kikitlo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    PB2! Seems to be the consensus.
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 on a regular basis and I really like it. They have a flavor with chocolate added to it, I love that one. The taste isn't identical to regular peanut butter because they removed the oil, but it's close enough for peanut butter addicts like me to use as a substitute and save the real stuff for special occasions.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    whats wrong with peanut butter... Good source of Protien and Healthy fat.. Whats not to love?

If I'm low on calories, I so totally melt two tablespoons and chocolate chips and eat it just as it is.. or dip some apples in it.. Oh so yummy!
  • fitjunk
    fitjunk Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I eat WOW soy butter. Comes in smooth or crunchie and tastes even better than PB. Yummy!!
  • Iwillbemeagain
    Options
    Where do you buy PB2?
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy PB2?

AMAZON! I got reg and chocolate for like 15 bucks on there.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Where do you buy PB2?

Netrition.com has low shipping costs. I got mine from there - quick delivery time too.
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have been eating the Sunflower butter-
  • cajunlady56
    cajunlady56 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I eat the real peanut butter to get the healthy fat. Whole foods has a machine you make your own. Only ingredient is peanuts and salt or if you like just peanuts.

As long as you stay under your goals for the day I think it is a very healthy natural snack
  • andyxbear
    andyxbear Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I eat the real peanut butter to get the healthy fat. Whole foods has a machine you make your own. Only ingredient is peanuts and salt or if you like just peanuts.

As long as you stay under your goals for the day I think it is a very healthy natural snack

Agreed!! I go for the real peanut butter. : )
    There are even recipes to make your own using a blender.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Moderation
  • frannie_schneider
    Options
    I love crunchy peanut butter and I can't keep it in the house but I do enjoy peanut butter once in a while. I now mix PB2 Chocolate and fat free cream cheese together for a yummy creamy spread.